PDA

View Full Version : ONR - thinking outside the box

5IVE
12-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Living in Chicago we have horrible rain/sleet/snow/mud and of course my favorite...salt. I`ve been thinking of a way to add protection during the rain/sleet/snow/mud and make the next detail of my vehicle easier.

Typically after a vehicle is driven, it sits while the snow melts off. Now you are left with salt residue amongst other mud/leaves etc stuck to you vehicle.

This is what I came up with...

1) It is snowing outside or it had just snowed...

2) Spray enough ONR (QD strength) to cover entire vehicle (especially lower panels & grille) & wheels immediately before you hit the road

3) Drive normally (& carefully!)

4) I think the ONR sprayed onto the vehicle will allow some of the salt and even brake dust to dissolve/wash away and lubricate the car. Also, I think less salt will stick to the panels once the vehicle is dry. This should make the next ONR session easier.

I am going to try this and take pictures during the next snow storm. I think that if the temperature is above the temperature at which ONR is inoperable this should work. Has anyone tried this or something similar with another product?

BigJimZ28
12-05-2007, 09:48 AM
give it a try

I think the best thing is a good coat of wax

then washing after the roads dry off

Mark77
12-05-2007, 10:16 AM
I think all dirt comes off much easier if you don`t let it dry on the car, and it`s usually not very cold when it`s wet. So ONR ASAP when you have driven.

Burnout01
12-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Does that stuff leave any residue if not wiped off?

violentveedub
12-05-2007, 11:40 AM
If you have enough time to spray down your car in the morning then you get up way too early. Not to mention the wicked cold.

Good luck to ya though...