PDA

View Full Version : Fk 425

Pages : [1] 2

99MustangGTVert
12-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Got my FK sampler kit today. Used the 425. Great stuff, awesome slickness, doesnt take much, good little bottle for misting. Im sold.

After I get my PC and Menzerna polishes Im going to go:

Wash with Dawn

Clay with clay magic and 425 as lube

SIP with PC orange pad

106ff with white pad

FK 303 by hand

FK 2180 by hand

FK 425

Wait a week and then pink wax by hand

The other sealants I have are DG 111 (which I love), DG 105. And I also have S101 wax.

Sound good? Any suggestions? Ive got a 99 Ford Mustang GT vert black thats been garaged and well taken care of. Earlier tonight a kid in a mint 68 mustang fastback was sitting next to me at a light and he couldnt stop saying how great my car looked. LOL.

BigJimZ28
12-03-2007, 08:17 PM
why the dawn?

do you really think it is going to remove anything that clay and a two steps of polish

can`t take care of?

99MustangGTVert
12-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I guess I just always figured you were starting from scratch with the clay when you stripped it with Dawn. It worked before.

imported_Dave1
12-03-2007, 08:35 PM
why the dawn?

do you really think it is going to remove anything that clay and a two steps of polish

can`t take care of?

Why even wash then huh......?

It`s not rocket science to add water to a little dawn and wash your vehicle before a clay and polish.....

Your plan is just fine 99....:xyxthumbs

buzzb
12-03-2007, 08:50 PM
why the dawn?

can`t take care of?

I think BigJim`s point was you could wash with any car wash shampoo since the clay and SIP will remove any wax/sealant that could be left on there. Won`t hurt to use dawn but it`s not a necessity since you plan on polishing anyway. :up

BigJimZ28
12-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Why even wash then huh......?

to remove dirt and other abbrasives;)

It`s not rocket science to add water to a little dawn and wash your vehicle before a clay and polish.....

1.) Dawn is not that great at removing some LSP`s

2.) Dawn is not good on your rubber weatherstripping

3.) answer my org. question: do you really think it is going to remove anything that

clay and a two steps of polish can`t take care of?

4.) check the tude at the door it`s not needed

NickelPlated.45
12-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Hell yeah 425 is awesome! You forgot to mention how great it smells. I tried some 2180 last weekend the the stuff is fantastic. Easy to apply and easy to buff off. I`m starting to really like the FK products.

DJ_JonnyV
12-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I`ve had to detail soem pretty filthy cars over the past 2 months and I`ve had pretty good luck with Prima Mystique car wash. It doesn`t suds a whole heck of a lot, but if you add a little more than what is recommended, it really knocks the dirt off. This is with using a Schmitt was pad and 2 bucket method and some elbow grease.

imported_Bence
12-03-2007, 09:47 PM
..Sound good? Any suggestions?...

The 303 is a functionally abrasive glaze, so it is better to use it by machine. Other than that, it is a pretty sound routine.

However, the 303 or the 106 can become redundant. Check which do you like better or which produces the nicer finish after the SIP.

99MustangGTVert
12-04-2007, 12:44 AM
I usually use Zymol wash, mainly bacause I got a gallon at Big Lots for $4.99. Its actually decent stuff. Ive only ever used Dawn before claying, maybe once or twice a year, and never had weatherstripping issues with any cars ive owned.

Anyway, the main reason I wanted to use the 303 was Ive never used a glaze before, should I skip it and get something that doesnt clean as well, RMMG say?

99MustangGTVert
12-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Just an update, cars been 425ed for aboout 11 hours and I took a look, it seems to really darken the black. The AW I had on really is glossy as heck, the addition of 425 seemed to darken it nicely.

velobard
12-04-2007, 06:18 AM
If you have enough in your sample bottle, I recommend putting down at least 2 coats of 2180. The paint can soak up a lot the first time around. After that, there`s no reason to wait a week before you move on to the Pink Wax. FK1`s products can cure together, so just a few minutes between coats is all it takes. If the FK1 forums were still online I could point you to some posts where they addressed that several times.

DM101
12-04-2007, 09:03 AM
You can use FK`s 1119 Soil & Coating Remover / Wax & Detail Pre-Cleaner. I use it. It`s good stuff.

Finish Kare FK1 Consumer Detailing Products (http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm#1119)

imported_bpfoley
12-04-2007, 09:45 AM
I love FK products! I will admit that the first coat of 2180 can be a pain. After that it is butter.

1000P is amazing stuff especially in layers, 303 is a favorite as well as Bence noted is a "functional" glaze with mild abrasives. Pink Wax looks stunning but lasts only 2 months or so. 425 is a great topper but has limited durability post rain storm.

my goto is polish, 303, 1000P x2 or 3 and then Pink Wax. I follow up with AW for maintenance during washings. Simply stunning looks and great longevity.

purplenurple
12-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Sounds good, but dont waste the 425 as clay lube... Use ONR QD if you can, and if not gets some cheap OTC QD.