PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Danase Wet Glaze

Pages : [1] 2

nonwelder
12-03-2007, 12:08 PM
As you can see from another post, I recently used and loved this product. I have the glazed topped with IW. My question is, does any one have experience doing something like me, but then topping the IW with more Wet Glaze, and then adding Souveran or another beauty wax over that? Or...would I be better just topping the IW?

Thanks!

sspeer
12-03-2007, 12:30 PM
I wouldn`t get too layer happy I would just top the IW with a beauty wax.

In my head (probably not right) I think of Wet Glaze as a sealant since it has the acrylic component and affords some protection. I also think (again just my line of thought) that waxes can top sealants, but sealants don`t top waxes

nonwelder
12-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the reply...I tend to think along the same lines as you.

jshillin
12-03-2007, 01:56 PM
I really like DWG, I have topped it with IW with great success. It looks like you`re in Chicago so I`m sure the weather is miserable, just like it is here in PA. Just stick with the DWG topped with IW until Spring and then go with DWG topped with a beauty wax... More about protection that beauty this time of the year. I actually used JW Prime Acrylic, topped with AJT, topped with 2 coats of IW on my new WRX as my winter prep. It looks really nice, just hope it holds up during the winter.

dogma
12-03-2007, 02:19 PM
How does DWG copmare to CG Wet mirror Finish?

Black Diamond
12-03-2007, 05:13 PM
How does DWG copmare to CG Wet mirror Finish?

IMHO they are equal.

Egleone6
12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Just stick with the DWG topped with IW until Spring and then go with DWG topped with a beauty wax... More about protection that beauty this time of the year.

What is considered a Beauty wax?

purplenurple
12-12-2007, 04:55 PM
I use CG ez-creme, which is the same as DWG, under #26 and get amazing results. Deep, wet, reflective paint and then some.... :)

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4095/ezcre26016at7.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6155/ezcre26006sh2.jpg

BobD
12-13-2007, 07:40 AM
I really wish some of you would get your facts straight. If I have to say it again I am going to scream! LOL Danase Wet Glaze is NOT the same as Ez Creme!

DM101
12-13-2007, 07:53 AM
I have had good luck the DWG topped over sealants and waxes. It does add gloss to the finish and is perfect for Souveran. DWG is a underated product IMHO.

I really wish some of you would get your facts straight. If I have to say it again I am going to scream! LOL Danase Wet Glaze is NOT the same as Ez Creme!

Fly Bye
12-13-2007, 07:54 AM
What is considered a Beauty wax?

http://www.health-care-beauty.com/images/Face-Bikini-Wax-Strips-B0009IG51G-L.jpg

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/html/emoticons/thinker.gif

jshillin
12-13-2007, 08:06 AM
http://www.health-care-beauty.com/images/Face-Bikini-Wax-Strips-B0009IG51G-L.jpg

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/html/emoticons/thinker.gif

LOL, That`s a good one!!!

howareb
12-13-2007, 08:54 AM
I have had good luck the DWG topped over sealants and waxes. It does add gloss to the finish and is perfect for Souveran. DWG is a underated product IMHO.

I am going to jump on the bandwagon as well. DWG is an awsome addition to my deatailing supplies. It is the most versital "Glaze" product that I have ever seen. DWG has a new customer, I just wish that you can purchase it in gallon size (and if you can then tell me how). It is the perfect compliment for my outdoor "warm winter detail days", when you do not have the convience of time to do full paint correction, but you want the customer to be impressed with the look until spring.

I just did a post with a Jeep Liberty within the Click and Brag. The process:

cleaned

clayed

Poli-seal

DWG

Soveran (Cured Overnight)

DWG (coat #2)

Optiseal

As hard as it may be to believe, DWG can be topped other products, DWG has an instant cure time, it is really easy to work with and it smells like bubblegum (it is also the color of Z5pro, if not maybe a little darker). This is a great product, because it allows me to do things that I would have never thought of doing before (ie topping a carnauba with a glaze). Why would you want to do such a thing? Well to give Soveran an extra pop and also to give a good bonding base to an additional product.

imported_hockeyplaya13
12-13-2007, 10:49 PM
I don`t think DWG is sealant-like. Yes it bonds to the paint, but I don`t think it crosslinks like sealants do, which require usually 12-24 hours. If DWG crosslinks instantly, why haven`t Menzerna and all the other companies made their sealants cure that quickly? I think that it bonds to the paint much like a wax does, just kind of grabbing onto it, not cross-linking. That is why it can be applied on top of a wax/sealant. And it can be topped by a sealant.

That said, I have it and love the gloss it provides. I have topped it with Natty`s Red. Question though: Can you layer it? It can be applied on top of a sealant/wax, and a sealant/wax can be applied on top of it, but can it be applied on top of itself?

Note: I`m no expert, that`s all just my speculation. Maybe Bob can chime in.

howareb
12-13-2007, 11:37 PM
I don`t think DWG is sealant-like. Yes it bonds to the paint, but I don`t think it crosslinks like sealants do, which require usually 12-24 hours. If DWG crosslinks instantly, why haven`t Menzerna and all the other companies made their sealants cure that quickly? I think that it bonds to the paint much like a wax does, just kind of grabbing onto it, not cross-linking. That is why it can be applied on top of a wax/sealant. And it can be topped by a sealant.

That said, I have it and love the gloss it provides. I have topped it with Natty`s Red. Question though: Can you layer it? It can be applied on top of a sealant/wax, and a sealant/wax can be applied on top of it, but can it be applied on top of itself?

Note: I`m no expert, that`s all just my speculation. Maybe Bob can chime in.

I am hoping that Bob can chime in also.

Those are some very perceptive observations about the cross-linking. From my limited experience with the product I would say that you can layer it onto itself. I have read threads that claim such, that they have done it with success, although I do not know what advantage that would give you. Wet Glaze does have durability claims, however I do not believe that it should ever be used alone as an LSP.