PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned the Busa

nmxdaven
12-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Only got one shot before the battery ran out on me, I`ll get some more up tomorrow, but I had to show off my baby!

Washed with Sonus gloss shampoo sealed with P21S Carnauba wax, also cleaned and waxed the helmets. :)

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1176/cleanbusage1.jpg

baseballlover1
12-02-2007, 08:01 PM
I was riding on a ducati today just in my neighborhood. I still dont understand why people buy them. But it looks pretty good.

Red96GT
12-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I was riding on a ducati today just in my neighborhood. I still dont understand why people buy them. But it looks pretty good.

You are right, why would anyone want one, it`s not like they are fast. :chuckle:

Bike looks sick ride safe!

Civicman86
12-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Ducatti`s are like Harly`s. Your paying for a name (Ducatti was once a fast bike but since then the Honda/Suzuki/Yahmahas have taken over). If you want speed for the best price, just look up.

Great looking bike though! Can`t wait to see some more pics!

baseballlover1
12-02-2007, 08:21 PM
As far as im concerned youve gotta have cohunas to drive one of those at speeds. The top speed ive ever been in was about 150 and that was with a FULL rowl cage and full racing suit and helmet and hans device and everything. I would be scared as heck riding one of those.

nmxdaven
12-02-2007, 08:30 PM
As far as im concerned youve gotta have cohunas to drive one of those at speeds. The top speed ive ever been in was about 150 and that was with a FULL rowl cage and full racing suit and helmet and hans device and everything. I would be scared as heck riding one of those.

Why thank you. :p

I`ve been riding a bike competitively from age 16 and have worked my way up on my streetbikes to the busa. Its the best road bike I`ve had the pleasure to ride and I went through quite a few when I was figuring out what to pick. Its not as nimble as a gsx-r but its a decently comfy cruiser. Its incredibly stable at speed and quite deceptive as well. While I like to keep it easy on the street, Its seen 170ish (gps speed) on the track.

if you really want to see some crazy guys check out the turbo section on the hayabusa forums. A busa is insanely fast stock, but those are just a different level entirely. 0 to death in 2.1s.

topnotchtouch
12-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Ducatti`s are like Harly`s. Your paying for a name (Ducatti was once a fast bike but since then the Honda/Suzuki/Yahmahas have taken over). If you want speed for the best price, just look up.

Great looking bike though! Can`t wait to see some more pics!

I don`t know about that, this years MotoGP winner was a former Honda rider (Casey Stoner) now riding a Ducati :cool:

I am a Honda man myself but I have to say I would love to own a Ducati. Maybe some day when I win the lottery ;)

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/d16_4.jpg

I have never been to the drag strip with any bike I have ever owned. I prefer the twisties where outright speed is not really that big an advantage and in some cases can be a disadvantage.

I don`t really agree with the Ducati comparison to harley and it is blasphemy to even mention them in the same breath :furious:

KMHAWAIIDH
12-02-2007, 09:17 PM

Believe it or not the Ducatis are badd ***, I`ve had Honda F2, F3, F4, Yamaha R6, R1, Suzuki GSXR 750 which where awesome. but jump on a 1098 Ducati! Oh my gosh! Most of those really shine when doing 80,90,100 MPH leaned over dragging your knee.

ScreaminSaleen
12-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Nice looking bike! I always thought bikes were fun to clean for a change.

Civicman86
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I don`t think its fair to compare a MotorGP bike with a normal street bike. Almost every test I have seen on a road course, the Ducatti is not the quickest. I don`t even think in the 1/4 mile its as quick as some of the Jap bikes on the market.

My comparison to a Harley is that they are both way overpriced. Well maybe not with all the talk going around about them merging.

Labster
12-02-2007, 09:50 PM
I just sold my bike and it was a very sad day :( As for being a bit sick in the head to hit any real speed with a bike, well yea... Fastest I`ve hit is ~175 on the expressway one night with a group of people I used to ride with. Scary? Hell yes!

topnotchtouch
12-02-2007, 09:51 PM
I don`t think its fair to compare a MotorGP bike with a normal street bike. Almost every test I have seen on a road course, the Ducatti is not the quickest. I don`t even think in the 1/4 mile its as quick as some of the other Jap bikes on the market.

My comparison to a Harley is that they are both way overpriced.

Why not? MotoGP is where the manufacturer`s bring the best of what they have to race. I can`t think of any better comparison. You are making a generalization about Ducati. If you actually want to compare models we can get more specific but, in the context of your comment I see no problems with using the MotoGP comparison.

Overpriced is subjective, they don`t seem to have any problems selling them ;)

Anyway, I don`t want to hijack the OP`s thread so it is probably best we just agree to disagree here :2thumbs:

atticdog
07-10-2008, 05:52 PM
nmxdaven

Nice bike and the fastest color!!!

same as mine lol

ThrillHo
08-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Why not? MotoGP is where the manufacturer`s bring the best of what they have to race. I can`t think of any better comparison. You are making a generalization about Ducati. If you actually want to compare models we can get more specific but, in the context of your comment I see no problems with using the MotoGP comparison.

Overpriced is subjective, they don`t seem to have any problems selling them ;)

Anyway, I don`t want to hijack the OP`s thread so it is probably best we just agree to disagree here :2thumbs:

I just found this thread, but since it`s been so long, I don`t mind hijacking it. I agree with you, and completey disagree with the other guy. Ducati`s are still pretty much on top of performance. Don`t believe me, google anything along the lines of "ducati dyno comparison." There was a recent test in one of the 4 different bike magazines I have lying around and the Ducati was head and shoulders above the competitors across the RPM band, not just peak HP. The downside to all this power is that the require more periodic maintenance (might as well adjust the valves every time you change the oil) whereas with the japanese bikes you just change the oil and that`s about it. Ducatti`s tend to me more expensive, but their prices are becoming more and more competitive.

BUT I DO disagree about the MotoGP comparison. MotoGP is prototype racing. These are one-off 800cc bikes that weigh around 320 pounds and put out between 220-240 HP. Looking at the 4 wheel comparison (Formula 1) we could come to the conclusion that Mercedes, Renault and (until this season at least) BWM are all on-par with Ferrari. Care to put a stock street legal Renault against a stock street legal Ferrari? Hell a production Mercedes doesn`t even come close until you get AMG involved.

slp123
08-25-2009, 11:52 AM
I just recently got rid of my 05 zx636r and it was a nice bike. Busa`s are just insane. Bike is ridiculously fast, that is undeniable, but I like a bike to have a perfect blend of agility, looks and speed, just my opinion. For that my next bike will be a Ducati 999.

Sold my bike for a nismo 350 which is also a perfect blend of performance, looks and agility.

I respect the Busas and would love to ride one one day, but as far as owning one, not for me. Speed doesnt scare me, just the size and from everything I have read, it is quite sluggish. Great at what is was made for, going really fast ina straight line.