PDA

View Full Version : Interview Help

Pages : [1] 2

stiffdogg06
12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Ok well since winter is coming up and I won`t be detailing full time. I am going to get a job.

The company is called Battelle. I will be working in their Micro Lab. Battelle: The Business of Innovation (http://www.battelle.org/)

I was just wondering what kinds of things should I except? I know the basic kind of things that will be asked. But I haven`t been in an interview for such a large company. I also have some of my own questions I have listed to ask them. Is it ok to ask them a question and write down their answer or maybe if I ask a question, write down what they said? Is that ok?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! BTW, the interview is Tomorrow. :dance :shocked

- Andrew

Civicman86
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I just went through a bunch of interviews trying to get a job for my co-op at school.

Some questions that you might be asked:

-The toughest one: Name 2 flaws that you have. The key to this is make a negative appear to be a positive. I think every interview I went on, they asked this question.

-Name a few skills you have?

-How can your skills help the company?

Best things to ask them are things about the job and what they are looking for. They are not only interviewing you, but you are interviewing them.

Make sure to do some research on them so they know you know about there business and are really wanting to work there.

I always tried to ask things about what they said. Like what is a typical day like at XXXXX position?

I went on google and searched interview questions. After you see a few pages you will notice the redundant questions that are "standard questions".

jshillin
12-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Just be sure to dress appropriately for the position and be sure to ask some kind of questions to show that you have been thinking about the place and have interest. I see the company has a website, make yourself familiar with it because they will ask you if you went to it and more than likely ask you quetions about it. I always hate the "what are you flaws" questions. They will also ask you what you best quality is, what you see yourself doing to 1 year and 5 years to see if you are goal oriented and not just wanting to skip out to quickly.

stiffdogg06
12-02-2007, 08:30 PM
I just went through a bunch of interviews trying to get a job for my co-op at school.

Some questions that you might be asked:

-The toughest one: Name 2 flaws that you have. The key to this is make a negative appear to be a positive. I think every interview I went on, they asked this question.

-Name a few skills you have?

-How can your skills help the company?

Best things to ask them are things about the job and what they are looking for. They are not only interviewing you, but you are interviewing them.

Make sure to do some research on them so they know you know about there business and are really wanting to work there.

I always tried to ask things about what they said. Like what is a typical day like at XXXXX position?

I went on google and searched interview questions. After you see a few pages you will notice the redundant questions that are "standard questions".

Thats exactly what I did.

kaval
12-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I highly recommend you ask the interviewer questions.

velobard
12-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Another popular one is "What did you not like about your last job?"

DJ_JonnyV
12-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Many larger corporations, and medium and small sized for that matter, like to ask behavior-based questions. Based upon past behaviors that you have exhibited will be a good indicator of how your react in the future. A lot of these questions begin with, "Tell me a time when things didn`t work out, what did you do, and what was the outcome?" or "Gime me an example of when you had to gain the trust of your co-workers." The key thing to keep in mind with these types of questions is you need a 3 part answer. 1. A brief background of the situation. 2. What your actions were. 3. What was the outcome.

Take anywhere between 3-5 minutes to answer these types of questions. Good luck, Luke, and may the force be with you...

Lowejackson
12-03-2007, 05:40 AM
As a `interim` HR manager, I have attended more interviews than I can remember, no two interviews are the same. Some are highly structured and may involve some kind of tests whereas others are nothing more than a chat.

As the others have already said, do the background checks on Battelle, dress appropriately, practise your answers to standard questions but most importantly, be yourself.

An interview is a two way process, you need to be sure you want to work there so ask whatever questions you need answers for.

Some organisations may ask for feedback from everyone you meet, so to be safe consider your interview starts from when you arrive at the building

kompressornsc
12-03-2007, 12:28 PM
I forget which comedian it was but he does a great skit on interviews:

Interviewer: What`s your biggest weakness?

Interviewee: Punctuality...I just can`t seem to get my *** out of bed in the morning. I`m surprised I made it here by 10 am today. Do you guys always start this early?

jshillin
12-03-2007, 01:47 PM
So, how did the interview go???

stiffdogg06
12-03-2007, 02:28 PM
So, how did the interview go???

Went great actually! Less pressure than I was expecting. I was a lot more nervous than I should`ve been.

But overall it went great. Sending out a thank you letter to the interviewers as we speak.:xyxthumbs

jshillin
12-03-2007, 03:07 PM
What job did you interview for??

stiffdogg06
12-03-2007, 03:10 PM
What job did you interview for??

A lab assistant. Almost like a dentist assistant. I will be helping the scientists on all the experiments they do. I oversee what they do and such.

I have to get certain vaccines. ONE of this kind of freaky. I have to get the Anthrax vaccine.:scared:

jshillin
12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Sounds interesting. Good luck with the position.

Paulie Walnuts
12-03-2007, 10:35 PM
A lab assistant. Almost like a dentist assistant. I will be helping the scientists on all the experiments they do. I oversee what they do and such.

I have to get certain vaccines. ONE of this kind of freaky. I have to get the Anthrax vaccine.:scared:Its not that bad