PDA

View Full Version : opti-seal application

kaval
12-01-2007, 11:05 PM
I read in a recent click & brag about Opti-seal being applied via PC. I was under the impression that you can only apply this product by hand since you literally just wipe it on the car and walk away. Could someone shed some light on the pros and cons of doing the application by PC, if there are any? I`d be using something like a blue Sonus pad.

Sorry if this sounds like a `dumb` question :p

Thank you in advance.

Kaval

a.k.a. Patrick
12-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Not a dumb ? at all. However, it does defeat the whole purpose of the products ease of application. A simple spritz of OS on a MF mit, wipe in and pretty much walk away. The original application method included using foam apps, but it has been revised using microfibers. I however prefer a nice MF mit.

kaval
12-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Does the MF mitt reduce the chance of streaking? I have been applying it via foam and it gets frustrating sometimes when you have to go back and give the car a quick wipe with an MF towel.

Thanks for your response.

a.k.a. Patrick
12-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Does the MF mitt reduce the chance of streaking?

Thanks for your response.

Nearly eliminates any chance of streaking.............I was like you as well, and just decided to do something about it. Now I spritz the panel and MF mit, wipe in, and carry on.

kaval
12-02-2007, 10:24 AM
perfect! Thanks very much. It was starting to get discouraging having to go back and buff with the towel. I paid a little over $30 for the bottle to be able to save me some time! haha

Thank you though, I appreciate it.

imported_Blake
12-02-2007, 11:25 AM
OS unfortunately streaks if it gets applied a bit too heavy. The mf mit is a great idea to eliminate that. It is a great product for a quick application. I feel that the durability is quite good also which is more important this time of year.

imported_skylineawd
12-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Never used the OS, but looks very interesting. With just a spray on a MF mit and wiping over, how can you tell if you get complete coverage.

imported_Blake
12-02-2007, 04:01 PM
You pretty well know where you have been. I usually do two coats and then let it cure. It works and it will bead like most sealants after a rain. It is good protection and one of the great uses for it is that it works nicely on black trim whether smooth or pebbled. I use it on my roof racks where it leaves them with the same semi-gloss finish. It also will work on pebbled vinyl. You can use it over a sealant, carnauba or freshly prepped surface.

Harry Houdini
12-02-2007, 04:43 PM
yeah opti-seal is my go to sealant for my HRE wheels, I use a foam yellow applicator

and never had the streaking issue with it, maybe on paint is different story.

I get lazy of applying collinite so in between washes OS is my go to sealant

kaval
12-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah, the wipe on and walk away feature is something which greatly attracted me to looking into the product. I`m sure once I get the application down 100% I can obtain its full utility.

I am thinking about trying new sealants however. Any suggestions? I hear M21 is a must-have. I also have sample of Klasse SG which I have yet to try.

imported_Blake
12-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Both good products. Klasse is the old standby and works very well. M21 is a great product that I used last winter as my winter protection and it worked well lasting probably 5 mos on a non-garaged vehicle.

There is a new version of M21 due out in January so I would suggest you wait on that one.

OS is a different animal though as it is extremely easy and quick to use. Wipe on-Walk Away.

purplenurple
12-02-2007, 07:12 PM
So when you say MF mitt, do you mean MF applicator pad? Using a wash mitt seems kinda strange.

a.k.a. Patrick
12-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Purple, theyre not necessarily a "wash" mit You can use them for all types of reasons. A short nap is better though.

purplenurple
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Purple, theyre not necessarily a "wash" mit You can use them for all types of reasons. A short nap is better though.

So something like the "BONE" from AG? Ive been looking for something like this OTC for ONR washes...