PDA

View Full Version : Tell me the right steps ?

christitan21
11-30-2007, 10:19 AM
What are the right steps in waxing a car from the start please ? New be. This is what i do.

Wash Megs gold glass

Megs clay bar

Megs carbu clean wax

Megs polish

All by Hand

Megs deatiler mist .

Whats a better wax to get ? ( Christmas is coming )

Whats the right steps ?

IS there a link some wear on this site ?

Thanks detailer

J.J.
11-30-2007, 11:04 AM
"How to`s" are located at the top of the page. Search is your friend too. Lots of information here. Welcome!

Wash

Clay

Polish / Clean

Seal

Wax

Detail Spray

And, the Souveran 2 for 1 deal is a great one. Search "Souveran"

imported_JoshVette
11-30-2007, 11:30 AM
"How to`s" are located at the top of the page. Search is your friend too. Lots of information here. Welcome!

Wash

Clay

Polish / Clean

Seal

Wax

Detail Spray

And, the Souveran 2 for 1 deal is a great one. Search "Souveran"

I agree, just switch around your polish and then cleaner wax and you`re good.

Bunky
11-30-2007, 11:51 AM
What are the right steps in waxing a car from the start please ? New be. This is what i do.

Wash Megs gold glass

Megs clay bar

Megs carbu clean wax

Megs polish

All by Hand

Megs deatiler mist .

Whats a better wax to get ? ( Christmas is coming )

Whats the right steps ?

IS there a link some wear on this site ?

Thanks detailer

What Meg`s polish do you intend to use? Deep Crystal 1 or something like 9,80,etc?

christitan21
11-30-2007, 12:00 PM
yea the deep crystal 1

BigJimZ28
11-30-2007, 12:09 PM
yea the deep crystal 1

and that`s actually a glaze not a polish

just an F.Y.I.

Bunky
11-30-2007, 01:05 PM
and that`s actually a glaze not a polish

just an F.Y.I.

When I asked, I was thinking about the Paint Cleaner not the Polish (step 2). As I understand step 1 is a cleaner/polish and step 2 although called Polish is really a glaze as you say. I should have asked if DC 1 paint cleaner to be exact.

Accumulator
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
When I asked, I was thinking about the Paint Cleaner not the Polish (step 2). As I understand step 1 is a cleaner/polish and step 2 although called Polish is really a glaze as you say. I should have asked if DC 1 paint cleaner to be exact.

Yeah, you have it right, the DC#1 is a paint cleaner. And yeah#2 the DC#2 polish is what most of us would call a glaze.

No point in using the DC#2 if you`re using a cleaner wax (it`d clean the DC#2 off).

I`d probably lean towards a better pre-wax product before I replaced the wax. If working by hand, I`d absolutely use 1Z brand Paint Polish or their milder Metallic Polish with Wax (sources: Welcome to Exceldetail! (http://www.exceldetail.com/) or Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing Supplies & Accessories (http://www.pakshak.com/index.html) ). Using those (either or both) instead of the DC#1 and the cleaner wax would give a far greater improvement than changing the wax.

Souveran is a great beauty wax (I use it on my Jag), but I`d rather go with something more durable/protective for a driver. I generally recommend something from Collinite. But again, I`d want better prep products myself, I`d consider a wax upgrade far less important.

christitan21
11-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Is a regular wash ok with gold class and a grout sponge . I see on here people use dawn to erase everything on the paint and start over with good wax. Is this a good idea?

BigJimZ28
11-30-2007, 02:33 PM

YEA your correct :hifive:

BigJimZ28
11-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Is a regular wash ok with gold class and a grout sponge . I see on here people use dawn to erase everything on the paint and start over with good wax. Is this a good idea?

Yes a GS and some gold class would be great

you should see that Dawn is a topic of debate on here, some like it some hate it

Accumulator
11-30-2007, 07:19 PM
you should see that Dawn is a topic of debate on here, some like it some hate it

Heh heh, man ain`t that the truth! Dawn doesn`t strip wax all that great anyhow so don`t expect it to completely clean all the wax off. Rubbing alcohol generally works a lot better for that, but if you`re gonna use a paint cleaner or abrasive polish I don`t think you need to worry about it anyhow.