PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite sealant under Souveran?

Pages : [1] 2 3

GlossyTundra
11-30-2007, 09:32 AM
I`m getting my 2 for 1 deal on Souveran today, the same day I need to do a big detail on my truck (mettalic grey).

I have allot of sealants, and I want to put a base of sealant down first, then 24hrs and souveran. The sealant would be put over PO85RD polish.

I have

Wolfgang

Jetseal

Zaino Z-2 and Z-5

M21

EX-P

EX

Opti-Seal

What would yall put under Souveran, or what works with it well?

J.J.
11-30-2007, 10:55 AM
I would probably use a pure sealant like OS.

EX might look pretty good since it has a hint of nuba in it already, however I think OS will be much more durable. And, considering Souveran is not the most durable wax on the market, I would use a very good pure sealant.

I know nothing about the Zaino line though.

imported_mobenzowner
11-30-2007, 10:59 AM
I agree. OS is great on metallica grey.

Brian_Brice
11-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Make sure you do a few alcohol wipedowns if you`re planning on using Zaino. Especially when using Menz polishes.

I love the look of z5 on dark colors, it`s the only sealant I`ve used that looks like a nuba.

Then again, there`s really no need for souveran just add another coat of z5.

atj topped with souveran would be nice.

imported_agentf1
11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Make sure you do a few alcohol wipedowns if you`re planning on using Zaino. Especially when using Menz polishes.

I love the look of z5 on dark colors, it`s the only sealant I`ve used that looks like a nuba.

Then again, there`s really no need for souveran just add another coat of z5.

atj topped with souveran would be nice.

I agree.

Or for a little extra added POP I like to do a coat of CS/Z8 or even just Z8 as my last step. I have also topped with PS with no problems but really did not see much different of a look. Either way will give you an outstaning look that CANNOT be beat. :2thumbs:

Junebug
11-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey Brandon, I got a couple sealants not on your list that you are welcome to try.

howareb
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
I have not tried this myself, but one gentleman suggested using Souvergn as a base coat, after a cleaner/wax and then topping off with OS. According to him he said that it gave great protection and it "locked" the look in. I tought that there would be bonding issues, but according to him there were none.

Brian_Brice
11-30-2007, 02:17 PM
I have not tried this myself, but one gentleman suggested using Souvergn as a base coat, after a cleaner/wax and then topping off with OS. According to him he said that it gave great protection and it "locked" the look in. I tought that there would be bonding issues, but according to him there were none.

According to optimum, os penetrates through the base wax and settles to the surface, how this is possible I do not know, but it goes against what many on this site say regarding topping a nuba w os.

GlossyTundra
11-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Oh, I forgot I have AJ. That may look nice.

I thought about topping Souveran with OS, locking in the look came to mind.

nonwelder
11-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Actually...what about a collinite product as the base, toped with Souveran?

stiffdogg06
11-30-2007, 03:32 PM
I just put a layer of 845 over a 2 week old layer of OS and then when my Souvie gets here, the beast is getting a coat of that. :getdown

I`m anxious to see how Souvie looks on top of a fresh layer of 845.:cool:

howareb
11-30-2007, 04:02 PM
When I get my Souvie I plan to put it on a black truck.

The process is Meg`s#6, Menz Finishing Glaze (its an older paint with some swirls that I have to take time to polish in the spring), Souvie (x2), then OS. I am curious abount this method of putting OS over a nuba. I am thinking that it should work just fine, plus it will help to keep the fillers in from the glaze.

DM101
11-30-2007, 04:08 PM
PO85RD, Red Moose Glaze, Souveran as my base, PSov as my topper. Turns out nice deep, and wet looking. Reapply PS at least monthly.

Harry Houdini
11-30-2007, 05:00 PM
I have few coats on my car X2 FK P1000 topped with FK Pink Wax from a month and a half ago,

I topped it 2 weeks ago with Swissvax Quick Finish and I was blown away,never seen this

shimmer and hue before! <<< It has nuba in it

Last weekend I topped with Souverna carnauba Spray Wax and the results were

outstanding as will.

A role I found my self following is always Seal in Winter and top with nauba`s as you like

because the later will not last more than 2 weeks for the great looks, so you can play around with them as you wish.

because of this, I am finding my self more attracted to spray nuba`s more than pasts,

for winter at least :2thumbs:

Scottwax
11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Actually, I only use Souveran over glazes. Looks better that way and my customers who like Souveran aren`t the type to wait 6 months before waxing again.

If I was going to use it over a sealant, I`d use Opti-Seal or Acrylic Jett.