PDA

View Full Version : Pad conditioner and cleaning

Staceydude
11-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Do you really need to use a pad conditioner?

What is the preffered method of cleaning pads?

Do you only use certain pads with certain products? For instance... if I use a megs polish with an orange pad and clean it.... can I then use it with some XMT polish later?

Thanks

BigAl3
11-28-2007, 08:36 PM

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/83734-dawn-power-dissolver.html?highlight=dawn+power+dissolver :up

Old Pirate
11-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I second that!:2thumbs:

Pats300zx
11-28-2007, 08:57 PM
I second that!:2thumbs:

3rd...very good stuff...

imported_DennisH
11-28-2007, 09:45 PM
I`m not much on the XMT polishes but there Pad Conditioner is really nice and prevents dry buffing on fresh pad. The Pad Cleaner is top of the line - just spray on let it set for a few minutes then rinse under warm water. That said the Power Dissolver works almost as well and is a lot cheaper, except the XMT is easier to rinse all the cleaner out - you really have to work at the ALL of Power Dissolver out of your pads.

Junebug
11-29-2007, 07:23 AM
XMT pad cleaner works, but that stuff always makes me choke and cough to use it.

pipspeak
12-10-2007, 12:37 PM
I use the XMT cleaner (enough to saturate the surface) then sling the pad in a bucket of warm soapy (car shampoo) water. Come back a half hour later, squeeze the suds through the pad a few times, and it`s usually pretty clean. Might need to squeeze suds through some of the dirtier area a few more times then it`s usually as good as new after rinsing. Remember, these pads are just glorified sponges and really don`t need babying too much.

ruttrow
12-10-2007, 01:23 PM
I`m not much on the XMT polishes but there Pad Conditioner is really nice and prevents dry buffing on fresh pad. The Pad Cleaner is top of the line - just spray on let it set for a few minutes then rinse under warm water. That said the Power Dissolver works almost as well and is a lot cheaper, except the XMT is easier to rinse all the cleaner out - you really have to work at the ALL of Power Dissolver out of your pads.

What he said

BlackElantraGT
12-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Do you really need to use a pad conditioner?

Do you only use certain pads with certain products? For instance... if I use a megs polish with an orange pad and clean it.... can I then use it with some XMT polish later?

Thanks

to answer your question, once your pad has been cleaned you can use it with another polish.