PDA

View Full Version : Do you think???

99MustangGTVert
11-28-2007, 02:31 AM
That big two handled wal-mart orbital, if I use a decent pad and some SIP, will work well for eliminating some spider webbing, marring, water spots???

Just curious because I have one and am considering a PC. Thanks.

imported_JoshVette
11-28-2007, 02:41 AM
Ford uses a pretty solt clear, so you might actually have some success......

BigAl3
11-28-2007, 02:54 AM
That big two handled wal-mart orbital, if I use a decent pad and some SIP, will work well for eliminating some spider webbing, marring, water spots???

you`ll never know until you try, but typically those kinds of orbitals don`t have enough enough power for defect removal...

Just curious because I have one and am considering a PC.

get the PC, there`s no comparison between the two...

check out these videos, if you haven`t already... Car Detailing videos - How to detail, polish and wax your Car (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/video.html)

klumzypinoy
11-28-2007, 03:14 AM
you`ll never know until you try, but typically those kinds of orbitals don`t have enough enough power for defect removal...

get the PC, there`s no comparison between the two...

check out these videos, if you haven`t already... Car Detailing videos - How to detail, polish and wax your Car (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/video.html)

That`s the same exact site I learned from..

I agree get the PC!

SVR
11-28-2007, 03:49 AM
Great for quick detailers though

Mark77
11-28-2007, 04:12 AM

Just curious because I have one and am considering a PC. Thanks.

Don`t waste your money on one of those. Were ineffective and they usually vibrate so much that your hands will get tired very fast. And the pad is so big that it makes it hard to reach anything but big flat areas. Get a PC or UDM instead.

cheapshot
11-28-2007, 05:32 AM
Go with the PC, It`s a great learning tool. As you become experienced with the PC, you`ll find you could clean things up nice. Then I would step to a Rotary. After learning and getting the feel for the PC. You will all ready have a few polishes and pads and know there capability`s. This will leave you with a good idea on how to go about the rotary.

jshillin
11-28-2007, 06:32 AM
Don`t buy one of those big, slow, clunky things, just get a PC and be done with it!

SVR
11-28-2007, 10:08 PM
I agree on that, I got mine for about 20 bucks and it`s awesome with my quick detailer and the waterless wash I use.

With the orbital, both products fill in minor to moderate swirls and scratches and once I apply another coat of sealant over the top, the fillers are locked in

Some of the permagard applicators use these machines to apply the reactive with a 10 inch terry bonnet

99MustangGTVert
11-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I actually have the wal mart monster, a friend gave it to me. Id rather work by hand then use it. I just thought if it could be effective I may give it another chance. I believe I will get the PC. Im not looking to fill in anything, I want to correct the paint.