PDA

View Full Version : Which pad should I get for my PC?

Elonheater32
11-27-2007, 01:22 AM
I am looking at the autogeek site at the Lake Country Buffing pads. From what I see here.... Lake Country is a pretty good pad to go with.

They have the 3.5 and the 4 inch size and I am not sure which one I need to go with. To further confuse things... they have the beveled edge and they also have the low profile and then the smart pads. What the heck do I need to get!! I would love to get as many pads as I can for the money. It seems as if most of the kits only offer ONE of each pad. I feel like I will need more than just one pad of each.

BigAl3
11-27-2007, 01:27 AM
get the 4" ones (the only difference seems to be the thickness (7/8 or 1.25) between the two), then you can use it with the 3.5" backing plate on your PC/UDM...

howareb
11-27-2007, 01:34 AM
I am looking at the autogeek site at the Lake Country Buffing pads. From what I see here.... Lake Country is a pretty good pad to go with.

They have the 3.5 and the 4 inch size and I am not sure which one I need to go with. To further confuse things... they have the beveled edge and they also have the low profile and then the smart pads. What the heck do I need to get!! I would love to get as many pads as I can for the money. It seems as if most of the kits only offer ONE of each pad. I feel like I will need more than just one pad of each.

I saw from an earlier post that you do not know what machine that you are going to be using (Flex or UDM) I am going to speak from the standpoint of the UDM since I have not used a flex. A UDM has backing plate sized 3" 5" 6". this is the round disk that the pad vlecros to. The size of the pad is important depending on where you are working and what you are trying to accomplish. So having some spot buff pads 4" would mean that you need a 3` backing plate. This foam helps in small areas and it usually "cuts" a little better than a large pad (faster rotational speed). The larger pads have their place also. So in short I would purchase the 6.5` pads, a 6"backing plate and Autogeek has a kit of 4" buff spot pads that are very nice and a 3"backing plate.

Get every LC CCS color other than for the red. You can get that later. The red foam is just very soft when using with the DA so in many cases it just is not used.