PDA

View Full Version : Autopia: Giving Thanks (A Little Late)

Pages : [1] 2

howareb
11-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Today I signed up on Meguair`s forum and although I visited there other times before, I just sensed this generic non-controversial type of atmosphere where everyone talked good about Maguires or got banned. I also just recently went to another board and it seemed like everyone was going to jump on the bandwagon with this one yahoo without thought.

The guys here think before they answer, they stand behind their principles and will argue you to the death for their point of view. Man, I am glad to be a member.

I think that I have come to realize that we are a different breed (this is when the music starts playing). We are different and we matter to each other. Whether we are telling a guy he`s dumb for using the kitchen wash rag on his car, to cursing out some guy for keying his car, Autotpia will always be the place where 8 million stories are told.

Thanks everyone for making this, what it is; a truly open user forum. Thanks DaveB for making it happen.

SpoiledMan
11-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeah, it`s cool to have a place like this!:)

imported_artikxscout
11-24-2007, 11:54 PM
i concur! this is the place where i got hooked on detailing... and now I`m making an earning to help pay for college. Thanks guys!

BigAl3
11-25-2007, 01:13 AM
agreed, can`t thank DavidB enough! also, it`s great to meet so many people on here who have the same desire about car care as well... :)

TrueDetailer
11-25-2007, 01:56 AM
All the detailing forums are like that. Each forum has its fad product. zaino,poorboys,ultima,etc to name a few.

SpoiledMan
11-25-2007, 02:10 AM
All the detailing forums are like that. Each forum has its fad product. zaino,poorboys,ultima,etc to name a few.

Head on over to AGO and start up a thread about something they don`t sell. Try the same on MOL. Autopia is freedom to discuss whatever.

BlackElantraGT
11-25-2007, 04:23 AM
Autopia rules!

I quit visiting MOL all together pretty much. I browse AGO once in awhile. You have as much free speech on MOL as you do in China.

howareb
11-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Autopia rules!

I quit visiting MOL all together pretty much. I browse AGO once in awhile. You have as much free speech on MOL as you do in China.

I agree, It was really made real to me when everyone was praising UQD up and down, and not one person said a bad thing about it. On another thread the moderator, left a message the pretty much said,"This thread has been clean up, Please do not let it get off track again." Now that on blew me away. So much for free speech. I usually use AGO, or MOL when I have a product issue or something like that. However, it is Autopia that I make home.

jimmie jam
11-25-2007, 10:22 AM
i feel the love. :bawling: :bawling:

Joshua312
11-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Coming from a former Meguiars member who was banned for speaking his mind, I must say I love this place as well. I would like to see the statistics of the average user participation length is. I mean, I think a lot of people realize off the bat, Meguiars only wants positive information about them being talked about.

dave40co
11-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Because I have questioned some of Meg`s products on their forum I noticed that most of my questions get somewhat ignored there. I am not and will never be a pro so I don`t use the boutique products and just the OTC stuff to make my own cars look good. I too, do not like the censoring of threads there and public reprimands I have seen. Most Meg`s products work good enough for me and that is why I visit that forum. I do have to say that this forum is more open minded about how we exchange ideas and help each other. Everyone is given a fair shot no matter what product line we like. I think David B runs a great place here and I thank him for it. BTW I love my UDM and have picked up some great tips here from everyone. Just my 2 cents on this. Thanks! ( I hope I don`t get banned from Meg`s forum for this!!)

Joshua312
11-25-2007, 12:17 PM
( I hope I don`t get banned from Meg`s forum for this!!)

Haha :) They have probably already tapped your phone and hacked your email accounts just waiting for the trigger words "Meguiars + Bad + biased" :bat

TrueDetailer
11-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Head on over to AGO and start up a thread about something they don`t sell. Try the same on MOL. Autopia is freedom to discuss whatever.

I know this.

You people have to understand meguires has a business to run. If they have a bunch of snobby botique using weekend detailers on their forums comparing their products to other high priced botique brands it doesn`t look good for them. Same with the other store ran forums. They have a good line up, might not be the best but its far from the worst.

Same goes for sponsered open forums. If i was to get on here and start comparing ultima to automagic and sayinng the ultima line is inferior to the automagic line do you think david would stand for it? Probably not, i would be banned i`m sure.

howareb
11-25-2007, 01:39 PM
I know this.

You people have to understand meguires has a business to run. If they have a bunch of snobby botique using weekend detailers on their forums comparing their products to other high priced botique brands it doesn`t look good for them. Same with the other store ran forums. They have a good line up, might not be the best but its far from the worst.

Same goes for sponsered open forums. If i was to get on here and start comparing ultima to automagic and sayinng the ultima line is inferior to the automagic line do you think david would stand for it? Probably not, i would be banned i`m sure.

I disagree!! I have seen the Ultima QD get a bad review and the person is still a member. DavidB just cannot stand spammers, which is understandable. Also he has no issue whit comparisons to other products. He actually want you to do it. So I have to disagree with you on this one.

Lowejackson
11-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Over the years I have seen a number of arguments here about brand X is better than Y but there is a degree of freedom and responsibility here at Autopia. Occasionally things get heated and inappropriate things are said but the moderators do a great job of keeping Autopia a nice place to visit.

My view is when someone says brand X is the best product in the world, it is similar to a person saying one style of music is superior to everything else. They are not facts but merely opinions.