PDA

View Full Version : Gel/Water based wheel cleaners - DP, 4*, Menzerna, Blackfire

pingable
11-24-2007, 09:12 PM
I`m well familiar with P21S Gel . Nice dwell time, has enough *bite* for my washing intervals and helluva $$ for 1.3 gallons of product. I think it`s worth the $$ for P21S depending on application if you`re a detailer by trade.....but my wheels are clean enough that it may not warrant it.

Search Engine skills not working today.

Anyone familiar with the other alternatives DP Gel, 4* Gel, and the Blackfire/Menzerna variant

DP, 4* and Blackfire variant is around $45-$50 a gallon as opposed to $95 for the P21S

chml17l
11-24-2007, 11:22 PM
I`ve used both the P21S gel and the DP. I like the price and performance of the DP gel compared to the P21S, but I never let my own wheels get really bad. Also, I`ve never tried a direct comparison of the two on a really dirty wheel so I can`t make a statement for or against either in that situation.

beastie
11-25-2007, 12:45 AM
I have used the S100 gel wheel cleaner and the DP non-gel wheel cleaner. The DP is stronger but doesn`t harm wheels. It also leaves a brighter finish. Not exactly what you asked about but my $.02.

pingable
11-26-2007, 07:12 AM
I ended up sticking with the tried and true P21S Gel.

Mikeyc
11-26-2007, 08:20 AM
I ended up sticking with the tried and true P21S Gel.

Good choice! I`ve used P21S Gel along with the DP Gel and the Menzerna Gel. P21S was definitely the strongest cleaner out of the three. Not anywhere near as strong as acid, but still pretty strong and safe.

I like the DP Gel quite a bit too though. It`s an excellent tire cleaner as well as a wheel cleaner. It`s not as strong as the P21S though. The Menzerna I found to be about the same strength maybe a little weaker. However, it was too thick and so the sprayer had a real tough time with it.

pingable
11-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Took advantage of the CMA free shipping and 10%

Haven`t bought from them in years......last purchase was probably

a order of EF APC and Clear Pearl QD.

Mikeyc
11-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Took advantage of the CMA free shipping and 10%

Haven`t bought from them in years......last purchase was probably

a order of EF APC and Clear Pearl QD.

I haven`t ordered from CMA in a while either. I think my last order was last x-mas season. I took advantage of free shipping on the Blackfire website and a 15% off code to buy Blackfire SRC FP.

I don`t even order from Autogeek that often anymore. Recently, I started ordering from Detailer`s Domain and Detailed Image. They`re both in NY. So, I have my packages next day even with ground service.

The CMA code for free shipping and 10% off is a good deal though.

itb76
11-26-2007, 11:10 PM
The Menzerna...was too thick and so the sprayer had a real tough time with it.

That`s what I found. I have 1/4 bottle left but it won`t come out.