PDA

View Full Version : Another good laugh

silvergray
11-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Check out this thread I came across on Bimmerfest. This guy claims he is a professional painter and uses wheel cleaner to clean paint instead of clay!! SOS pads to clean glass?

Why so many "I didn`t bother claying" people? - bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238003)

nmxdaven
11-22-2007, 06:46 PM
but i paint cars every day, and know more about the clear then most of ya`ll.

Haha, thats the best part by far! I don`t know about all wheel cleaner, but most of it is some pretty aggressive stuff.

Old Pirate
11-22-2007, 06:49 PM
I heard of this years ago, and i still think their crazy doing that....and i paint car`s every day .....right :chuckle:

David Fermani
11-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Some acids work good for removing some paint contaminants, but it`s definately not the 1st thing I`d reach for. Fine steel wool works really good on glass and is really safe too.

BlueLibby04
11-23-2007, 12:15 AM
haha, gotta love people like that.

They are usually the ones that are air heads and will not listen to anything anyone else says.. But they are ALWAYS right anyway, so they dont need advice. :chuckle: :D

imported_Jakerooni
11-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Yea 0000 grade steel wool is just fine for glass. I`ve known people that have done it that way for years now. The rest of his methods I`m sure would work... But like Dave said there Definatly NOT the first choice of doing things.

Junebug
11-23-2007, 12:55 PM
For me, the only thing that ever got water spots and etching off glass was 0000 steel wool and vinegar.

Seankf1105
11-23-2007, 05:19 PM
he is talking about non-acidic wheel cleaner. it actually does work great for cleaning really dirty white and silver paint BEFORE claying and everything else. just mix a little into you car wash. it definetly is no substitute for claying though

i use C.A.R. Products Kling On wheel cleaner which is an alkaline detergent very similar to APC in that it has sodium hydroxide. the difference is it also has sodium metasilicate, and does not have ethylene glycol and butyl ether like most APCs

Invigor
11-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Glaze Distributing Co. - Production Products (http://www.glazedistributing.com/production.html#Future%20Wash)

Wash car, rinse, spray on, let dry and crystalize, wash car, rinse, dry, done.

But good lord, wear gloves and a respirator cause this stuff is strong on the lungs :|