PDA

View Full Version : Glass Buffing?

Pages : [1] 2

blownvert
11-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Can you use a PC to buff the windows? I mean the glass to maybe get a better gloss and clearness or maybe get the light scratches out or whatever. Do they make pads for glass? I dont know im just asking because you buff the car maybe buff the glass also.

howareb
11-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Can you use a PC to buff the windows?

YES

I mean the glass to maybe get a better gloss and clearness or maybe get the light scratches out or whatever.

Do they make pads for glass?

Yes Lake Country makes a 5.5 Glass polishing pad. You can also get a glass polishing pad in the Diaomondite system on AG.net

I dont know im just asking because you buff the car maybe buff the glass also.

You can also use some solvent based AIOs. There is also glass polish included in some of the glass polishing kits, and also Z-12 is a great glass cleaner/polish (but it does have a lot of dust upon removal).

If you have a lot of scratches in your glass then you will need the glass repair kit by Diamonddrite.

blownvert
11-21-2007, 06:01 PM
I see it, I will probably just get the LC 5.5" glass polishing pad, now what polish would i use with it. I have the whole clearkote line that I use on the paint.

COLDZ71
11-21-2007, 06:18 PM
I`ve had pretty good luck with Optimum Compound with my PC.

howareb
11-21-2007, 06:23 PM
First off how bad is the glass, becuase that will determine if you would need to just clean the glass or if you have to polish it also to level scratches and swirls.

With that said. I haven`t worked much with the Clearkote line, but I would feel pretty safe in saying that you can use the Moose Wax (which is an AIO) to clean the glass, and Carnauba Moose Wax for extra protection and shine on the glass. I am not too sure about using the Compund Moose as a glass polish because I do not know how abrasive it is, but that seems to be the most likely candidate when viewing their products.

I personally use either of the Diamondite glass polishing products (Diamondite® Glass Resurfacing Crème, or Diamondite® Glasswork Restorer) at AE.net. Which one I choose is usually based on how badly the glassed is.

howareb
11-21-2007, 06:24 PM
I`ve had pretty good luck with Optimum Compound with my PC.

Also a good suggestion. This combo works well.

8Banger
11-21-2007, 07:19 PM
What about OD light polish on a white pad??

howareb
11-21-2007, 07:32 PM
I am having a senior moment. What product is OD?

blownvert
11-21-2007, 07:35 PM
my glass doesnt look bad, but since having/ getting a PC i thought ya why not buff the glass or that might be a pain. obviously u cant buff the inside, since i have tint on it.

MrAP
11-21-2007, 08:30 PM
So if I have pretty decent glass, can I just use a regular polishing pad and either OP or and AIO like PA? (I really dislike "niche" products if I can just use what I already have!)

8Banger
11-21-2007, 09:07 PM
I am having a senior moment. What product is OD?

obsessive detail

really good products

are you guys talking about just on windows or actual windshields? i have a couple of scratches on mine

howareb
11-21-2007, 09:09 PM
obsessive detail

really good products

are you guys talking about just on windows or actual windshields? i have a couple of scratches on mine

Either windows or windshield. Just not interior after market tinted glass, that would be a bad experience.

8Banger
11-21-2007, 09:10 PM
yep, i just didnt know if it was a good idea to polish something you`re constantly looking through while driving

David Fermani
11-22-2007, 09:23 AM
I doubt a PC or a Rotary will take out scratches, but you`ll clean the heck out it and should be much clearer. It takes specialty equipment/products to actually *remove* scratches out of any kind of glass.

blownvert
11-22-2007, 10:43 AM
so i use a LC glass polishing pad and what polish? so i polish it then i use a MF bonnet to buff it out, then go over it with a MF towel.