PDA

View Full Version : need advice

Pages : [1] 2

ggk
11-21-2007, 01:56 PM
i am thinking about getting a pressure washer on friday.

Black Friday Ads 2007 - 1300 PSI Electric Pressure Washer at Home Depot (http://bfads.net/1300-PSI-Electric-Pressure-Washer-at-Home-Depot)

i really only want it so i can connect a foam gun on it. would you say it is powerful enough or should i look for a more powerful one?

i dont have anyother use for it.(no concrete maybe cleaning mats)

superbee i know you use a foam gun to wash your car. any one else with advice please chime in.

8Banger
11-21-2007, 01:59 PM
hey, im not trying to steal your thread bud, seeing as how i know nothing about your question

BUT...

what kind of foam gun do you have? do you like it? i already have a pressure washer, but not a gun, so i guess we`re on the opposite side of the boat

ggk
11-21-2007, 02:10 PM
i havnt pick one up yet

cause they arnt really worth it without a pressure washer

8Banger
11-21-2007, 02:15 PM
ohh...which one would you recommend?

BlackElantraGT
11-21-2007, 02:21 PM
To give you an idea, I have an electric Karcher 1850 psi model (the one currently being sold at Costco for $229.99) and while it creates good foam, based on what I`ve seen from SuperBee`s videos, his foam is still a lot better, more "shaving cream-like". But there are other variables that come into play too such as the type of soap, the concentration of the mixture, water pressure at your home, etc. My foam with the cannon is better than anything I`ve seen with the foam gun (the type you connect to the hose). They both have their pros/cons as stated in mcnab`s thread about foam cannons vs foam guns.

Consumer electric pressure washers aren`t known for their reliability so personally, I would not waste $59, especially when you have no need for it other than connecting a foam gun to it. You have to remember that the foam cannon itself is another $80 at least. And then there`s the cost of getting a new gun to fit with the foam cannon.

Foam cannons are fun, but it`s a bit overrated. It`s not a necessity. If it was $15, then I`d recommend it to everyone but at $more than 80 or so, there are better ways to spend that money.

Just my $.02

imported_themightytimmah
11-21-2007, 03:19 PM
I have a similar pressure washer. Despite their reputation as total junk, mine`s held up pretty well (3 years, and I use it for rims/tires/wells/rocker panels on every wash at home.) The only downside is that you`ll either need a karcher type adapter or a new gun to hook up a foam cannon to it - and the cannon is going to run about 120-150 with all the parts you need.

You might just want to get a Gilmour gun for the hose if you have decent water pressure - you might not get the delightful shaving cream foam that SuperBee gets, but mine has cut wash-related marring down 80+%. Soft water makes a huge difference - when I`m in Maine (great water), I get foam almost as good as the cannons. When I`m in South FL (worst water in the country), it`s soapy water at best.

imported_Jakerooni
11-21-2007, 08:26 PM
the foam comes from the water. If you have soft water you get more foam. If you have hard water you`re not going to foam up very much. 1300 psi is way more than enough to get the results your after. getting up near the 2000psi range and you risk blowing paint right off the car.

brwill2005
11-21-2007, 08:29 PM
In addition to PSI, look at the GPM (water flow) of the machine. High PSI and low GPM means you will be flowing a lot of air and not much water. Most consumer electric models have low GPM ratings; Usually 1-1.5GPM. Commercial electric models are usually at least 2GPM.

gocubbies
11-21-2007, 08:38 PM
just on home depot site and searched for pressure washer onlt got a gass power. search for electric pressure washer and got nothing. then searched for brand and powerhouse is not even listed

ggk
11-21-2007, 08:55 PM
i have one of these in my base ment GILMOUR HEAVY DUTY WASH GUN 73QG

GILMOUR HEAVY DUTY WASH GUN 73QG - (eBay item 300155293988 end time Nov-24-07 19:23:09 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/GILMOUR-HEAVY-DUTY-WASH-GUN-73QG_W0QQitemZ300155293988QQihZ020QQcategoryZ22660 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem)

it apears to be the same as a foammaster 1 you think i can just put the nozzel on and be good to go? it has a mixture of 2 oz to a gal. is that too little?

what do you usually spray at?

ggk
11-21-2007, 11:09 PM
new topic so new post.

if i buy a foamaster 1 and i happen to buy a preuuse washer can i combine them?

BlackElantraGT
11-21-2007, 11:25 PM
If the foammaster 1 is the unit you linked us to, then the answer is no. You connect those type of foam guns to a regular garden hose.

ggk
11-21-2007, 11:44 PM
If the foammaster 1 is the unit you linked us to, then the answer is no. You connect those type of foam guns to a regular garden hose.

no that is a plain product mixer. but i am just going to buy a foam master 1 and deal.

but i was thinking that cause it has the quick disconnect i could possibly just hook that up to the end of a pressure wand.(ive seen wands with even garden hose connection, ie just unscrew the connector from nozzel and connect to pressure washer)

nvr mind cause i just looked up the gun it says 40 to 90 psi

jesselyons2002
11-21-2007, 11:48 PM
i have one of these in my base ment GILMOUR HEAVY DUTY WASH GUN 73QG

GILMOUR HEAVY DUTY WASH GUN 73QG - (eBay item 300155293988 end time Nov-24-07 19:23:09 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/GILMOUR-HEAVY-DUTY-WASH-GUN-73QG_W0QQitemZ300155293988QQihZ020QQcategoryZ22660 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem)

it apears to be the same as a foammaster 1 you think i can just put the nozzel on and be good to go? it has a mixture of 2 oz to a gal. is that too little?

what do you usually spray at?

Wow only $15. I spend $70 for the one on autogeek. Argh

BlackElantraGT
11-22-2007, 03:14 AM
no that is a plain product mixer. but i am just going to buy a foam master 1 and deal.

but i was thinking that cause it has the quick disconnect i could possibly just hook that up to the end of a pressure wand.(ive seen wands with even garden hose connection, ie just unscrew the connector from nozzel and connect to pressure washer)

nvr mind cause i just looked up the gun it says 40 to 90 psi

quick connects for garden hoses and quick connects for pw hoses are not the same. In other words, it won`t work.