PDA

View Full Version : How many microfiber towels do you have?

blownvert
11-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Title says it all. If one has alot of MF towels, what is the point of buying more if you can just rewash them and use them over and over. Whats the point of having alot?

howareb
11-21-2007, 08:57 AM
An addiction to excess!

Why do many of us have a bunch of waxes, we can only use one at a time? Why do we all have to have pristine clean autos? :dance

You didn`t realize that a lot of us are suffering from a disorder called OCD yet, did you? :help:

I have a small collection of about 35. 1 towel in each car for QD. 4 Sonus white buffing towels (their great), some old walmart microtexs, I got 12 vrooms the other day, and I am going to stop right there......

imported_weekendwarrior
11-21-2007, 08:58 AM
I probably have about 50 in the 16"x16" size range for polishing/waxing. I have 4 large bath size MF towels for drying, as well as 3 WW MF towels that I also use for drying. I keep about 10 glass MF towels on hand, as well as 2 older ones for the interior and door jams, and 3 or so for the wheels. I also have about 3 MF towels in each of our 3 cars in an "emergency detail kit".

I tend to buy them whenever I see a good deal / promotion at an on-line supplier - and rarely pay full price. Having so many allows me to take any MF that I feel is losing its softness, and downgrade it from paint duty to interior, or doorjam, or wheel duty instead.

I also tend to give 1 or 2 away from time to time to family members as I introduce them to proper car care techniques. Just last week, I introduced the world of quick detailers to my dad, and gave him a bottle as well as a couple of MF towels.

imported_Jakerooni
11-21-2007, 10:02 AM
I probably have about 200 MF towels.. Why?? because I can and I only have to do wash about once a week now. MF towels are so cheap these days why not stock up? only makes sense.

http://www.bddetailing.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/102_1580.jpg

Fly Bye
11-21-2007, 10:05 AM
"emergency detail kit"

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/html/emoticons/rofl.gif

imported_weekendwarrior
11-21-2007, 10:08 AM
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/html/emoticons/rofl.gif

Yeah if I am driving down the road and get hit with a bird bomb, I`ll pull over to the side, set up my emergency flares, and pull out a MF and bottle of QD. Well...not exactly.

imported_beachwolverine
11-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah if I am driving down the road and get hit with a bird bomb, I`ll pull over to the side, set up my emergency flares, and pull out a MF and bottle of QD. Well...not exactly.

Thats Funny! :chuckle:

salty
11-21-2007, 01:34 PM

That would make a good commercial for a QD. :think2

imported_paradigm
11-21-2007, 01:41 PM
i have a lot of bargain MF towels (orange vroom from target...yellow from sam`s 25-packs) for general use. a decent stack of cobra blue and purples for LSP removal/buffing, and a few large drying towels.

i bought enough to be able to do 3 cars or so before having to worry about washing any. just convenient that way.

cshorey
11-21-2007, 02:01 PM
I bought a dozen from Pakshaq and that seems perfect. I only use the pakshak ones on my paint, I have a few other various MF towels from different places and use then for odd stuff, but so far I keep a bin of my good ones, a bin of my other ones, and a bin for dirty.

I only have two WW and this is killing me. I think I will order a half dozen from PakShak and this will be perfect.

chris

jshillin
11-21-2007, 06:45 PM
I have 40-50... Various brands and types...

cwcad
11-21-2007, 07:24 PM
I have way more than I use. Some get thrown away as they get worn so I always have a stock of MF towels in original wrapping set off to the side.. Plus I have new ones on hand to give to guests and friends that I go visit or come to see me. I am sure that I have several hundred in my garage. I know that I will purchase at least ten.... more than likely twenty... more before the Christmas season is over.

willtothewong
11-21-2007, 08:20 PM
i just have the sonus mf kit and the cobra mf kit

got like 6 cheapo walmart ones for misc usage

that`s more than enough for me ~40

Paulie Walnuts
11-21-2007, 08:53 PM
150+