PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s NXT Glass Cleaner

Guy
11-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Where do you guys find this locally? I`ve tried Advanced, AutoZone, Car Quest, O`reilleys, and the Wally worlds, Kmarts Etc! I found it a year ago at O`reilleys but they don`t carry it any more and I`d like to buy it locally rather then ordering it, however it`s looking like I`ll need to place an order soon as I`m about out.

imported_SHICKS
11-18-2007, 06:21 PM
pep boys for me.

Where do you guys find this locally? I`ve tried Advanced, AutoZone, Car Quest, O`reilleys, and the Wally worlds, Kmarts Etc! I found it a year ago at O`reilleys but they don`t carry it any more and I`d like to buy it locally rather then ordering it, however it`s looking like I`ll need to place an order soon as I`m about out.

howareb
11-18-2007, 06:21 PM
I would place the order and save your time.

I travel around the country for my job, and from time to time I will frequent different stores. In my recent searches I have yet to find this product at any of the stores like Autozone, O`Reilleys or the like. I get lucky sometimes when I go to the independent auto parts stores, though. Aside from CarQuest (which has some good products like Meguiars Mirror Glaze, and DuraGloss), all the others pretty much carry the same ol` stuff. It is weird also, because you would think that if a product is selling that they would carry it.

howareb
11-18-2007, 06:24 PM
pep boys for me.

Pep Boys is getting the same way with NXT stuff. The other day I went to Pep Boys and found a badly soiled bottle of NXT speed detailer on the clearance rack. I guess Meguiars told all the chain stores to not restock on NXT products for the release of NXTv2. Maybe they have more than just wax that is going to v2. HMMMM!!!! :think2

tom p.
11-18-2007, 07:15 PM
I was using the product just this afternoon. Good stuff, but certainl not remarkable.

I`m quite certain I purchased at Autozone.

BigAl3
11-19-2007, 01:08 AM
the megs nxt glass cleaner could only be found at pepboys IME, and now they don`t even carry it anymore. you`ll most likely have to order it online...

wannafbody
11-19-2007, 07:44 PM
I think it`s a great product but I think the high price scared most consumers away.

BlackElantraGT
11-19-2007, 10:17 PM
If you`re going to have to order it online anyway, you might as well try out Meg`s Detailer Glass concentrate. It works just as well and is much cheaper since it can be diluted 10:1. I also prefer the grape scent, as something about NXT Glass Cleaner`s scent made me kind of sick after awhile. The other one I could sniff all day long.

ptaylor_9849
11-19-2007, 11:16 PM
I bought this glass cleaner on the recommendation of some of the folks here. If you lived near me I sell mine to you. I don`t know what all the fuss was about. It`s mediocre at best.

BlackElantraGT
11-20-2007, 12:33 AM
I don`t get what the fuss is all about either with the NXT Glass Cleaner. It works, but I wouldn`t pay $4-$6 per bottle for it. For $1 a bottle when they were clearanced at Kmart, that was a pretty good deal otherwise I wouldn`t have bought it.

jb1
11-20-2007, 08:49 AM
After all the positive feedback I read on here, I`ve been looking for it at every Pepboys, O`Reilly, Auto Zone, etc. Couldn`t find one..........anywhere. I went into a place called Elliot`s Hardware here in Dallas, guess what I found? Yep, I was so thrilled I bought the 4 on the shelf for $5.49 a piece. I thought, wow, $5.50 for glass cleaner, kind of steep but everyone on Autopia raves about it so I`ll give it a shot. I haven`t used it yet, but I`m hoping it`s better than Stoners (which I`ve been using and like) Actually, I read that Sprayway tested better than Stoners in the Guru reports several years ago FWIW.

velobard
11-20-2007, 10:53 PM
I really like NXT, but then I got a small bottle of some concentrate from another member here and it`s even better. Problem is, I was fairly certain he said it was Megs Pro glass cleaner, but according to the pictures I`ve seen online it`s completely the wrong color. Now it`s driving me batty because I have this great product and I don`t even know what it is so I can get more once I run out. It`s sort of a light, thin, golden color and mixes 10-1.

BlackElantraGT
11-20-2007, 11:00 PM
I really like NXT, but then I got a small bottle of some concentrate from another member here and it`s even better. Problem is, I was fairly certain he said it was Megs Pro glass cleaner, but according to the pictures I`ve seen online it`s completely the wrong color. Now it`s driving me batty because I have this great product and I don`t even know what it is so I can get more once I run out. It`s sort of a light, thin, golden color and mixes 10-1.

My Meg`s Detailer Glass Concentrate was originally a bluish/purplish color when I first purchased it. The color has since changed to a golden color like you mention. A gallon will last a LOOONG time.

Guy
11-22-2007, 12:42 PM
I`ve had great luck with the NXT, customers tell me it looks like the windshield isn`t there. I do clean the film off the windows with regular windex before using the NXT though. But it dries with absolutely no streaks!

But you are right if I do have to order it I might as well try the Megs concentrate, where can I find that??

velobard
11-22-2007, 03:08 PM
My Meg`s Detailer Glass Concentrate was originally a bluish/purplish color when I first purchased it. The color has since changed to a golden color like you mention. A gallon will last a LOOONG time.

Really? Sheesh, that`s a huge change in color. I never would have imagined it would change that much. I appreciate the input, I guess I know what to get when I run out of what I`ve got.