PDA

View Full Version : Megs Synthetic Sealent 2.0 (#21v2)

howareb
11-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Just a couple of side notes:

I guess Meguiar`s is starting to name their products like software packages (version 2, then 3, and so on). It makes things easier for us, but it is going to confuse the heck out of the general public.

Also, a suggestion to Meguiars marketing is that they should release new products during the Spring/Summer. Guys like us, that have to get through winter with no heated garages, have to wait almost four months before they can use their new toys, I mean products.

The real reason for this thread:

Some of you out there have friends in the Meguiars world and have access to products before release. I know that NXTv2 got into the hands of some (who will remain nameless), and they seemed to like it. This thread is just basically out of my curiosity on the beta testing of the new #21v2 that is due out for general release in 2008. Has anyone tested or used it yet and what are your thoughts about it?

.VorteX.
11-18-2007, 02:20 PM
I`m also interested...

DCT
11-18-2007, 02:20 PM
This might be a good thread to post over at MOL, or maybe send an email to Meguiar`s. If nothing else, you`ll be talking to the folks that can actually consider your suggestions.

howareb
11-18-2007, 02:36 PM
This might be a good thread to post over at MOL, or maybe send an email to Meguiar`s. If nothing else, you`ll be talking to the folks that can actually consider your suggestions.

Thanks, I planned on doing that as well.

I first posted here though, because many of the opinions here are non-biased and Autopians normally do not hold back when they do not like something.

DCT
11-18-2007, 02:43 PM
I first posted here though, because many of the opinions here are non-biased and Autopians normally do not hold back when they do not like a product.

Good point!

I`m sure that the new NXT 2.0 and it`s pro series counterpart are vastly improved, after all, they do have "hydrophobic" technology! :lol :lol :lol

Seriously, maybe someone else can give you some honest feedback. I just like to poke a little fun at the marketing "hype"!

BlueLibby04
11-18-2007, 02:50 PM
I agree, from a marketing standpoint it makes no sense to bring it out in the middle of winter.

At least bring it out before Christmas so I can get everyone to buy me some. :xyxthumbs

RobD
11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I wonder if NXTv2 = #21v1 in performance.

MichaelM
11-18-2007, 07:45 PM
" from a marketing standpoint it makes no sense to bring it out in the middle of winter. "

This product and the others from the Mirror Glaze line are designed for professionals, not necessarily the general public. As such it doesn`t really matter when it gets released. Pro`s will be using this stuff all winter long. Also remember that Meg`s is a worldwide company and it`s always warm somewhere.

howareb
11-18-2007, 08:18 PM
" from a marketing standpoint it makes no sense to bring it out in the middle of winter. "

This product and the others from the Mirror Glaze line are designed for professionals, not necessarily the general public. As such it doesn`t really matter when it gets released. Pro`s will be using this stuff all winter long. Also remember that Meg`s is a worldwide company and it`s always warm somewhere.

Point taken on Mirror Glaze, but what about NXTv2 a consumer product.

The main point is it seems like Meguiars is releasing product like the fashion industry (release a season before use). I think that the buzz can hold longer if people could use the product quickly (including those in the colder climates). As far as being worldwide, I should have said released in the USA (forgive me on that short sightedness).

It was mainly a suggestion based upon the strong desire of people in "the cold" areas of the country to use the new Meguiar products right away. Forgive our anxiousness.

Alfisti
11-19-2007, 08:18 AM
These companies release their new products at SEMA - the obvious venue for these type of products.

Lobby SEMA to shift their operational dates. ;)

imported_weekendwarrior
11-19-2007, 09:00 AM
I think if the consumer products would come out in late October / early November, they would be available for purchase as Christmas gifts. Meguiar`s could maybe even make holiday gift pack bundles of the new products. Sure, a lot of people may not be able to use the products until April, but there are also a lot of consumers that live in moderate climates, and a lot that have garages, and can work on their cars year round.

I know a lot of people try to cut back on spending the first couple of months of the year to recover from all the money they spent over the holidays.

howareb
11-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Good point about SEMA. There goes the battle there.

Anyhow this thread is about peoples first impressions with the new Megs #21v2 (if anyone got a test sample).

beabout
11-19-2007, 09:54 AM
As to seasonal release of products... gents it is a world market now so season is a local issue not market wide issue...