PDA

View Full Version : Leather repair?

IP37
11-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Anybody here repair leather seats?

My brand new 08 Infiniti G37 had a small tear in the leather on the back of the rear seat, you could only see it through the back window, unless you let the seat down..

Anyway, the dealer wanted to have their guy come in and fix it, I really didn`t like the idea of someone patching it, but I went ahead with it. This dealer has really been a headache and I`m tired of dealing with them

So their guy came the other day and fixed it, and it actually looks pretty good to me. The area had a little more of a glossy look to it, but I figure that will go away?

For the people who do repair leather.. should I be keeping an eye on it, is there anyway it could mess up, maybe during weather changes or something? And would it be safe to put a conditioner over the fixed area?

Thanks

brwill2005
11-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Usually, the seat backs are not real leather. I would treat it just like it were normal; maybe a good UV protectant. Stay away from the leather conditioner unless you know it is real leather.

IP37
11-18-2007, 12:15 AM
it`s the same as the rest of the car, so whatever kind of leather infiniti uses..