PDA

View Full Version : Suprised to see someon pull out a bottle of!

Focusedonsound
07-04-2005, 09:11 PM
This afternoon I was at a BBQ and the topic of cars came up. One conversation led to the next and the next door neighbor said oh Ive got a 1969 Camaro w/ a 454 big block in it! So I said ive got to see it! So ... He shows me the car and as he goes to pull it back in the garage he notices a little smuge of grease or something on the hood! So he goes into his trunk and when he returns he comes back with a bottle of .... Poorboys Spray & Wipe My jaw dropped! When most people ask me what I use to clean my car I openly tell them Poorboys and they usually look at me like I have 10 heads!

So how about you guys.... have you ever been shocked that Some random people actually use some of the Quality Polishes & Waxes that can`t be bought just anywhere? Or if you were to go up to someone and say have you seen the new Poorboys Bug squash they would actually know what your talking about?

GregCavi
07-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Thats crazy!! I would have pooped my pants haha. It had to be a true shocking moment. Usually people look at me like "what??" when i tell them what I use.

Greg

JeffM
07-05-2005, 03:45 PM
I tell people i use wax, lol.

For the most part, if people even put a crappy cleaner wax on their cars, they would be further along than they are currently. I have never understood why someone, who doesnt even wash their car, asks me what i use to make it soo :shiney"....

I stay away from any kind of conversations that make me explain myself.

But, ya...a friend of mine has a Z4 with mad brake dust build up. He loves his car, but only washes it. So i told him kinda causually to goto Autozone and buy an orange bottle of "A2Z", all wheel cleaner.

He scratches his head....walks into the garage, and comes back in with, yup...A2Z...

I said, ya that stuff, i take it you dont use it?

Ya" he proclaims, but the dust comes back in a week!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL, ya,

I broke my rule, and proceeded to tell him about megs wheel brush, and the conversation just wouldnt stop. One thing led to another, and i told him, to make it easy, you have to put a durable sealant on your rims"

He looked at me like i was from Mars, for real lol.

End of conversation lol

PhaRO
07-05-2005, 03:49 PM
In a brief conversation with my brother who is a VP in a Corvette club, I mentioned PB and he and his wife mentioned they had seen it at a show they went too.

pappy
07-05-2005, 08:36 PM
yea i too try to avoid the topic. one because some of the stuff we use on boats can only be used with buffers in the first place...so its not even worth telling them because they will just buy it and try to use it by hand and mess up the job we just did. i love watching non-customers try to compound the whole boat out by hand and how splochy it looks after...thats when we go up and give them a buisness card. hahaha.

wytstang
07-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Since I`ve started getting into detailing and get asked what I use no one has ever used or heard of klasse, poorboys, cleatkote, ect, ect. So I avoid it because they end up calling it a waste of $$ because turtle wax is just as good and old t shirts work just as good as mf towels.

NYV6Coupe
07-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Anyone with a special interest-type car can usually buy some of the boutique products that we favor locally at car shows.

I ran into ScottP (very nice guy) at a car show / swap meet a few weeks back and he was definitely doing some walk-up business with people who may (or may not) be Internet savvy enough to buy on-line.

klnyc
07-06-2005, 11:30 AM
My customers known only Turtle wax. If I say something like Wolfgang, they think Im refering to chef "Wolfgang Puck" :LOLOL