PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday deals for detailers

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

LanceM
11-20-2007, 01:19 PM
ive seen a website listing the rigid vac for 69.99. conflicting

kompressornsc
11-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Be sure to take a look at Sears` Friday & Saturday sales flyers as well - not just their `Black Friday`. Deals may not be quite as good, but there`s a ton more stuff.

Black Friday Ads - Sears Fri & Sat - The Official Black Friday 2007 Website (http://bfads.net/Sears-Fri-Sat)

Eliot Ness
11-21-2007, 08:58 AM
same here, gonna have to set the alarm clock. i have 2 HD`s near me and i hope the one i go to has enough of the ridgid vacs... :)Allen, I bought mine on BF about 3 years ago and at about 10:00 my local HD still had some, so if you get there early you shouldn`t have any problems getting one.

I like the vacuum and the quality, but at 12 gallons it`s bigger than I expected and the hose is pretty large (diameter). It definitely has a lot of suction! The only thing it lacks is a dirt bag option like my smaller shop-vac has. That just makes it less messy if you`re going to switch between dry and wet jobs.

I hate getting up super early on BF so I wander out about 9 or so....... all of the "hot" electronic items are usually gone, but somehow I still manage to find a few good deals here and there.

BigAl3
11-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Allen, I bought mine on BF about 3 years ago and at about 10:00 my local HD still had some, so if you get there early you shouldn`t have any problems getting one. I hate getting up super early on BF so I wander out about 9 or so....... all of the "hot" electronic items are usually gone, but somehow I still manage to find a few good deals here and there.

i`ll probably get there right when they open just to be safe, and hit up sears which is on the way home as well... :)

Glossy McGlosserton
11-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Here`s a Black Friday suggestion: buy what you want in the week before, then on Black Friday, just bring in the sales receipt and "return" the item to get the BF price.

This worked great last year, when I picked up one of the Rigid Shop Vacs from HD.

BTW, I agree with Eliot Ness: great suction and quality, but a bulky PIA, and the stock hose is too bulky and stiff. I haven`t yet bought the pro hose, which is said to be more supple. Also, I recently bought the foam "silencer" that fits on the exhaust. Ehhh, still not so silent. Makes the exhaust note different, not quieter.

Paulie Walnuts
11-21-2007, 01:30 PM
I think that the whole concept of black friday is just ridiculous. Who the hell would get up that early to stand in line at Kohls.

I went to Target last night to get a little green clean machine to get out a few doggy stains (which by the way I couldnt believe how well it worked) and they were telling people that they open at 6am but they mailed out some special mailers and if they bring them in the can get in at *gasp* 5am!!! What a joke.

imported_Yal
11-21-2007, 02:21 PM
^ You would be shocked, a while back Best Buy was giving out free LCD TV`s for people who purchase a Playstation 3 (or was it an Xbox?). People were in line by close the night before.

BlackElantraGT
11-21-2007, 02:26 PM
I think Best Buy wins when it comes to the longest lines and biggest crowd on Black Friday. Their lines are usually wrapped all the way around their building. You`ll be lucky if you come out with a DVD or CD if you didn`t show up early.

For the rowdiest, I`d give that award to Walmart. People fight for items in there and I swear, if we were allowed to carry knives and guns there`d be a war inside the store.

nasdaq
11-23-2007, 07:46 AM
I think Best Buy wins when it comes to the longest lines and biggest crowd on Black Friday. Their lines are usually wrapped all the way around their building. You`ll be lucky if you come out with a DVD or CD if you didn`t show up early.

For the rowdiest, I`d give that award to Walmart. People fight for items in there and I swear, if we were allowed to carry knives and guns there`d be a war inside the store.

Never been to a BestBuy early enough to see the crowds you`re talking about, but I`ve seen a Fry`s electronics crowd before and that was just crazy.

itb76
11-23-2007, 10:21 AM
I got up at 9:45 this morning!

I think that the whole concept of black friday is just ridiculous. Who the hell would get up that early to stand in line at Kohls.

I went to Target last night to get a little green clean machine to get out a few doggy stains (which by the way I couldnt believe how well it worked) and they were telling people that they open at 6am but they mailed out some special mailers and if they bring them in the can get in at *gasp* 5am!!! What a joke.

I got up once on Black Friday to get a cheap laptop; at 6AM they were all gone. Never again!

I got a Little Green Machine a few months back to clean up after one of my kids got sick. It`s slow going for larger areas but just the thing for spots.

ChicagoRob
11-23-2007, 10:57 AM
I arrived at Wal-Mart at 4:45am, to pick up a Garmin GPS. The doors opened at

5:00am and there were already over 100 people in line! Fortunately for me, I

knew exactly where the units were located and was able to get one before they

sold out.

I never knew how crazy Black Friday was until today. People were flying around

with their shopping carts in all directions. It was totally insane.

Rob

cshorey
11-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the post. I just went over to sears and pickup up one of the 1000-watt lights as I didn`t have one.

at 9:00am there was parking at my local mall, still about 30 lights left and the line was only three people deep. I had no plans on getting up early and I am glad I didn`t as it felt like any normal day at my local mall.

Though yesterday after turkey I took my son for a drive (only way to get him to nap) and we drove over by the local Best Buy and there already a line at about 4:00pm on thanksgiving. I guessed it was about 20 people standing in the freezing cold.

chris

ggk
11-23-2007, 05:08 PM
i got up at 5:15 to got to target. i got a halo 3 edition 360, a new digital camera(yay might be able to do a click and brag). then i got a new 22" lcd monitor. got some microtex mfs from walmart(didnt get a chance to pick some vrooms up from target).

i made out good

1badtaco
11-23-2007, 06:30 PM
thanx for the heads up I was able to pick up one of the lights from sears maybe this will help me see sealant on my white car :)

SoCal Guy
11-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Everything over at Jeff Werkstatt is 20% off through the 23rd. I`m going to try a few of thier products

check it out JEFFSWERKSTATTS.COM (http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/index.html) :up