PDA

View Full Version : Want feedback on ideas for a new lsp

mc01ta
11-16-2007, 03:10 PM
I have a 2007 black pathfinder. I have a couple different combos I like to use. I have been maintaining with:

Klasse AIO + SG + #26. Weekly or bi-weekly Aquawax

Klasse AIO + SG + 845 IW. Upkeep with Aquawax

I am looking for something with top notch looks BUT at least 1-2 months durability and SLICKNESS that actually is still present 2+ months. I feel overwhelmed as it seems like every product has someone posting its the best in this forum. I`m picking between Nattys Blue, CMW or possibly a complete different route with ZAIO + Z5.

I live in VA with up and down climate. Getting ready for winter. My honest opinions differ from most everyone I`ve read reviews from on the following products:

845 IW: Last about 2 months, loses look/slickness after a few washes.

KAIO + SG: Lasted and kept looks 3-4 months. Slickness dies after a month

Megs #26: Keeps looks and beading about 2 months. slickness also dies about a month

Aquawax: Keeps looks, beading and slickness about 1 month.

I would honestly like something that actually keeps its looks and slickness more than 1+ months if I needed it to. But also I want good looks such as what #26 provides. My only gripe on #26 is it can be a pain to apply and remove.

I base all my testing on a well prepped surface done by DG 901 wash, clay, IP/FPII polish then move on to the combos above. Can I get some really honest feedback by those who have actually used the products in question and can backup their claims? I am getting the feeling that Nattys Blue is just for looks and loses slickness and looks in weeks. Does Z5 really hold slickness and looks that long?

mc01ta
11-16-2007, 05:02 PM
30 views and no responses?

imported_Picus
11-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Z5pro/Z2pro normally hold their slickness longer than anything else in the same price range, in my experience. I`m surprised 845IW isn`t lasting quite so long for you, normally it maintains slickness for 3+ months in my experience.

Question: is the car parked outside? I find that cars parked outside generally lose slickness much, much more quickly than cars parked indoor. You may be out of luck if it is. If not, I`d give Zaino a shot.

JeffM
11-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah zaino. Getting slickness back is ez with z8, and Z8 lasts longer then alot of stand alone sealants.