PDA

View Full Version : 4 Star UPP and Collinite 845

stevcha
11-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Hi guys,

I should be getting my bottle of 845 tomorrow. I already put two coats of polycharged UPP on my Maxima and let it cure for a day in between coats. Any suggestions on applying the 845? Should I polycharge the 845? Thanks

a.k.a. Patrick
11-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Stev, why dont you do 1/2 with, and 1/2 without. Then determine your own conclusion for future use. If ya like the PC`d 1/2 better? You can always do it at that time. Wheres the pics! I love UPP, and have never topped it with anything, I`d like to see your eforts....

Cheetah
11-20-2007, 02:38 AM
I`ve tried this combo before. I didn`t like it. Usually 845 lasts forever but when i put it on top of ****upp it only lasted a 4weeks which is basically the lifetime of upp (at least for me) before it looks like it need another application. I would recommend just going with 845 if you`re going for longevity. If ur going for looks and you`re planning on doing it again after

awhile then ur ok. I`ve found that other carnauba look and work better on top of upp such

as natty`s blue and red, souveran etc. upp and natty`s looks very very good. just my .02. good luck!

edit: btw my avatar is upp with natty`s blue.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Nattys and Sov may look a tad better, but durability is terrible.................My vote for "protection" still goes with UPP 845`d. Kind of strange you had those results. That combo is my winter sealer for clients.....

Cheetah
11-21-2007, 03:14 AM
My guess is that the 845 only lasted as long as the upp because it was bonded to that instead of the paint. I`m not sure though. That`s just a theory. Usually 845 lasts a looooooong time for me. (if i put it on with nothing under it that is)

jimmie jam
11-21-2007, 09:55 AM
i agree. use 845 alone. it is a stand up product just by itself.:up