PDA

View Full Version : Tried Zaino, need advice

donald_5d
11-15-2007, 11:07 PM
I have a new Harley on order and I am looking for the best polish/wax for protection from the elements, especially uv damage and waterspoting. I ordered lots of the Zaino products and tried them last week on my old black truck. After two days of work the truck did look good, but had a greasy feel, if you touched it your fingers would leave prints. I probably put on too much polish, so I washed it and blew it off. The water did indeed bead up but it was very hard to blow the water off, and I ended up with lots of very small water spots.

So, should I stick with the Zaino and try again or go with something else. I don`t mind washing and waxing every week or two, especailly on a bike since it doesn`t take that long. So durability isn`t that important, I just want the very best protection for the paint. (Zaino was the only thing I found which advertised uv protection in all its products). I don`t want faded paint from parking in the sun.

kustomsol
11-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Sounds like you used too much or it didn`t dry completely before you wiped it. If you have Z-7 (Zaino`s carwash), you might try washing it with that. Otherwise, either allow time "to cure all things" and wait or use Z-AIO. As for the Harley, consider Z-2 with ZFX and apply very sparingly and follow it whith Z-CS. You might even consider Z-CS by itself on a new vehicle. And then wait a day after using Z-CS and apply Z-8.

Probably all of us "Zaino-Zealots" used too much the first (few) times. And I`ve had that effect when I didn`t let Z-2/5 dry long enough, particularly in a high humidity environment or when its cooler. With a darker color, it is easier to see where you`ve applied a thin coat of the stuff. Let it haze until you are sure it is dry, then wait a little longer. Let us know what happens and please post pics of your Harley.

imported_paradigm
11-16-2007, 07:02 AM
i love zaino, but like many others have found that it doesn`t prevent waterspots as well as you would hope. i use zaino now for long lasting "beauty" durability...but collinite if i want better protection against waterspots and bird bombs.

Cleaning Fool
11-16-2007, 09:00 AM
You didn`t state the condition of "your old black truck" prior to adding Zaino and what preparatory steps were taken to prepare for Zaino. As far as the Harley goes, you have what you need in my opinion. Should do fine on both paint and chrome.

holland_patrick
11-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Poorboys have UV protectors in some of his stuff. But Zanio is good also.. Have you though about CS?? that stuff rocks on my bike..

wannafbody
11-16-2007, 10:22 AM
I think you applied it too thick. I`ve found that Zaino will bead so tightly that minerals in the water will tend to be more clustered than with looser beading products but mostly sit on top of the Zaino. I`d reccomend getting a bottle of Duragloss water spot remover. Just spray and wipe away those minerals.

Macruz19
11-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Less application for faster drying, and faster worktime :)