PDA

View Full Version : DWG ove UPGP

danforz
11-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Anyone try this combo?

Paulie Walnuts
11-15-2007, 12:01 AM
I have not but Im not sure why you would put a $10 product over a $75 product. If you dont like the look of UPGP and want to alter it why would you use it considering the cost?

Not trying to slam you, just curious.

danforz
11-15-2007, 12:20 AM
I have not but Im not sure why you would put a $10 product over a $75 product. If you dont like the look of UPGP and want to alter it why would you use it considering the cost?

Not trying to slam you, just curious.

I recently redetailed my car after purchasing the Ultima sampler kit. I did some claying and polishing prior to and I`d have to say 90% of the looks came from the polish. UPGP primarily added slickness and minimal wetness. To be fair, my car`s color is difficult to work with. Neither Z8 nor UPGP have really impressed me as far as wetness goes. On that same token, I`d like to avoid using a wax, so I figured I`d give this stuff a try.

Not to mention, how would I know whether or not I like the product with out having already bared the cost?

Furthermore, I can go ahead and layer UPGP right over the DWG anyways, can I not?

Paulie Walnuts
11-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Yes you can put the UPGP over DWG and vice

danforz
11-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Yes you can put the UPGP over DWG and vice

Im going to give UPGP one more layer (that`ll make it 3) and if I`m not satisfied I`ll throw on the DWG. Of course I"ll post photos...

Any other input?

Bigpikle
11-15-2007, 03:29 PM
I found the wetness of UPGP really came through on the 3rd layer - maybe this will help? I found moe impact on the look from UPGP than the polish....

what colour is your car?

SuperBee364
11-15-2007, 04:57 PM
I found the wetness of UPGP really came through on the 3rd layer - maybe this will help? I found moe impact on the look from UPGP than the polish....

what colour is your car?

Same here. Three coats really seems to be the sweet spot for UPGP.

KnuckleBuckett
11-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I found that three coats was where it really worked it`s magic. I am amazed at the UPGP product. Really great stuff. Best in class IMO.

danforz
11-15-2007, 11:15 PM

what colour is your car?

Space Gray - sorta a medium dark metallic gray color

jshillin
11-16-2007, 09:11 AM
My ranger is a medium dark metallic gray color too!! I tried a few products on it, but eventually went with Zaino. Polished with SIP, ZAIO, Z5 x2, Z2 x2, Z-CS, I`ve hit it with Z8 once since the end of July when I put it on, still looks awesome when I wash it!!

I`ve been wanting to try UPGP, but most people say not to waste your money... Let me know if you like it after a couple coats... That will help because I want something long lasting on my truck as it`s my main winter transportation and it needs the best protection from the salt.

danforz
11-16-2007, 10:21 AM
My ranger is a medium dark metallic gray color too!! I tried a few products on it, but eventually went with Zaino. Polished with SIP, ZAIO, Z5 x2, Z2 x2, Z-CS, I`ve hit it with Z8 once since the end of July when I put it on, still looks awesome when I wash it!!

I`ve been wanting to try UPGP, but most people say not to waste your money... Let me know if you like it after a couple coats... That will help because I want something long lasting on my truck as it`s my main winter transportation and it needs the best protection from the salt.

I`ve also done the zaino thing on my vehicle. It looked good (more glossy and a bit of wetness from Z8) but not enough to make me happy. So I`m giving this stuff a try.

I can say this much so far: UPGP as a topper repels dust and water much better then Z8 but thats about all I can tell at this point.

KnuckleBuckett
11-16-2007, 05:12 PM

I can tell you that it is well worth the money. I have been through waxes and sealants in all (well most) price ranges, for decades. Some have been pretty darn good. Nothing has come close to teh UPGP. It is tops. Also it goes a loooong way. It takes very little to seal a large vehicle. I barely see a drop in level after completing my Lexus LS430 three times.

Seems very durable thus far as well.

Here is a thread I created when I decided to try the Ultima product line.

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/98344-ultima-product-review.html

imported_DJBAILEY
11-17-2007, 05:28 AM
I can say this much so far: UPGP as a topper repels dust and water much better then Z8 but thats about all I can tell at this point.[/QUOTE]

I had the opposite result with UPGP and dust. The surface is very slick but not slippery. It is soft feeling. The dust would land and wipe of easily but it does not blow off easily. Like the UPGP was holding on to it. Maybe it`s static. I started wiping it down with FK425 and the dust collection has slowed significantly. I`ve recently topped with Z-8 and dust attraction is better than the UPGP was.