PDA

View Full Version : I just received the latest CMA e mail

Pages : [1] 2

Thomas Dekany
11-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Is this more BS or am I reading this wrong about their OEM CCS pads? ***???

OEM-Style, CCS Technology, 6.5 inch Foam Pads (http://www.properautocare.com/oeccste65inf.html)

pipspeak
11-14-2007, 03:12 PM
I have a question... what`s so special about "European" foam??! Does it have a funny accent?

Those new CCS dual-compound pads look like they`ll fall apart with the first wash.

SilverLexus
11-14-2007, 03:12 PM
The bigger news is the P21S 100% Carnauba wax imho.

Old Pirate
11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
That was a good one pipspeak! but on the free shipping and 10 percent off is not bad at all if one is looking for some items (not the Pads).

Thomas Dekany
11-14-2007, 03:18 PM
this is what I don`t get.

OEM-Style, CCS Technology, 6.5 inch Foam Pads

I apologize for these long product descriptions but we spent a year adapting and testing these pads before we brought them to market. I know they will be cloned by competitors using inferior foams, backing and glues. They`ll be touted as the latest advancement in polishing without any mention of draw-backs or trade-offs. I feel it`s important that our customers understand what goes into our pads and the trade-offs involved in bringing a less expensive product to market.

To me they look just like the pads you get from Autogeek NOW. Am i wrong?

cwcad
11-14-2007, 03:31 PM
this is what I don`t get.

OEM-Style, CCS Technology, 6.5 inch Foam Pads

I apologize for these long product descriptions but we spent a year adapting and testing these pads before we brought them to market. I know they will be cloned by competitors using inferior foams, backing and glues. They`ll be touted as the latest advancement in polishing without any mention of draw-backs or trade-offs. I feel it`s important that our customers understand what goes into our pads and the trade-offs involved in bringing a less expensive product to market.

The only thing that I see different is the backing pad. It appears to be black and the one`s that I recieved from Autogeek are white. I like the pad but hate the thin white velcro backing. It comes off when pulling off the PC and washes off if put into a washer.

audicoupej
11-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Thomas look at the thickness of the pads. They are thinner. Check out: CCS 6.5 inch Smart Padsâ„¢ Dual Action Foam Pads by Lake Country (http://www.autogeek.net/lc-ccs-6inch-pads.html) about halfway down.

Thomas Dekany
11-14-2007, 03:35 PM
The only thing that I see different is the backing pad. It appears to be black and the one`s that I recieved from Autogeek are white. I like the pad but hate the thin white velcro backing. It comes off when pulling off the PC and washes off if put into a washer.

I have white and green pads that came with a black pad. Feels very sturdy. ???

NSXTASY
11-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Ive been using the 5" CCS from danase for a year and they look the same just 1.5" smaller.

pipspeak
11-14-2007, 03:45 PM

I was about to buy some from AG and they look identical to me but perhaps a bit thinner (and with different color velcro, as has been pointed out). I think it states 7/8" thick, which seems a tad skimpy.

Now I`m thinking about getting the dual compound versions but they`re pricier... close to Sonus prices.

BlackElantraGT
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
I remember the last time I started a thread about them sending an email about their new wax, some people didn`t get any email from them. This time I didn`t receive anything from them.

Like tdekany mentioned, if I`m reading it correctly and based on the pictures they just seem like the regular AG CCS pads. He does mention that these pads are a step down and they cost less. Maybe the difference is in the "premium" glue and Velcro brand backings compared to the AG pads?

I don`t think it`s pure BS. He gives an honest feedback of the trade-offs. Of course he`s going to tout the constant pressure foam CCS pads to be better than the generic OEM and the competition`s (you can only buy it from him), but that`s expected. Whether or not their more expensive pad is better is a different story, as there seems to be quite a few complaints about it falling apart too soon.

Whenever I read Terry`s description, he seems honest to me but I have to remember that he`s in the business of selling me products, so I have to take his opinion with a grain of salt. Now if I wanted pure BS, I just have to visit Chemical Guy`s website. The CG website provides a good laugh too as I`ve seen 5th graders that are better spellers than whoever it writing CG`s product descriptions.

EDIT: Just got their email newsletter in my inbox

superstring
11-14-2007, 04:00 PM
The bigger news is the P21S 100% Carnauba wax imho.

:eek: THAT certainly deserves a thread of its` own!

a.k.a. Patrick
11-14-2007, 04:27 PM
This course backing material can cause scratches if it were to come into contact with a painted surface. Again, this requires the operator to pay a little more attention when working in tight spaces and around mirrors and wings.

And where lies the problem? Anything not suitable for making contact with paint, should be avoided in making contact with paint. Next we`ll be dipping bottles in rubber coating and clipping fingernails shorter. Adapt people, adapt!

As for CCS, not my cup of tea, and I just dont buy the philosophy behind it. No knocks against LC, great idea for those whom it works for, just not me. Long live flat bottom pads....at 1.25"!

cwcad
11-14-2007, 05:42 PM
I have white and green pads that came with a black pad. Feels very sturdy. ???

Well, I am glad to hear that they changed the pads because I have been giving the pads I have away because the weren`t holding up to my wash regimine.

Fly Bye
11-14-2007, 06:09 PM
I have a question... what`s so special about "European" foam??! Does it have a funny accent?

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/html/emoticons/rollinglaugh.gif