PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

JWNPlumber
11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
New to forum and could use a little advice on some product selection! My wife recently purchased a 2007 Mazda 3 red, the car had been on the lot for some time and repeatedly washed with a brush. I`ve tried buffing by hand and of course no good results. I plan on buying an UDM and would like to get one of the bundled deals on Autopia or Autogeek. My question is what products should I go with, Sonus, Pinnacle XMT or Menzena.

JWNPlumber
11-14-2007, 08:57 PM
anybody want to give their opinions?

gocubbies
11-14-2007, 09:03 PM
try Optimum or the Pinnacle XMT line

imported_smprince1
11-14-2007, 09:05 PM
I think maybe the problem is that your question is too general and subject to personal preference. I would suggest trying any of the products you mentioned and practice your technique. Get a few foam pads to work with your UDM (cutting, polishing, finishing) and maybe a finishing polish and a mild compound to correct the paint. Most of the products mentioned over and over again on this forum work as advertised, it`s more a matter of practicing your technique and personal preference of the product line.

If you`re anywhere near Greenville, you can try some of the products I have.

JWNPlumber
11-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Thank you all for the input there are so many products to choose from that it can get overwelming. smprince1 I live down near Charleston and may need so help in the future and thanks for the offer.

pipspeak
11-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Of the three product lines you mention, Pinnacle and Menzerna seem to get the best reviews here. I haven`t read much about Sonus compounds but I`m sure they have their fans, too. Also check Optimum, which is what I`m planning to get for an all-purpose polish.