PDA

View Full Version : Does ONR "break down"?

RIDDLE
11-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I had ONR solution in a spray bottle. Well about a week later, the blue disappeared and now it just looks like water. My question: is ONR supposed break down like this? Can i still use the clear solution-although my guess is to probably make some more, right? Thanks

J-Rad
11-13-2007, 02:40 PM
I`ve had ONR diluted in the QD ratio for over a month and continue to use it without a problem. Haven`t checked the color, but still cleans like normal (which is to say awesome)

mhuie
11-13-2007, 03:09 PM
My ONR did the same thing, looks like water. It seems to still work though.

twitch
11-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I recall a topic that discussed this. Supposedly it is fine, mine does the same.

I believe I remember the discussion stating that newer bottles of ONR did not lose the color but I could be trippin` :lol

BigAl3
11-13-2007, 03:16 PM
i was curious... when you have ONR diluted in QD form in the bottle, does it turn clear after a few days?

Paulie Walnuts
11-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Thats so odd I just came here to post that. Creepy. Mine lost the blue color as well.

BigAl3
11-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I had ONR solution in a spray bottle. Well about a week later, the blue disappeared and now it just looks like water.

i`ve experienced this as well...

twitch
11-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Here`s a thread that`s similar...

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/91120-onr-qd-color.html#post932744

Bence`s post is on par with what I was thinking ;)

SuperBee364
11-13-2007, 05:16 PM
My QD strength ONR always goes clear about a week after being mixed up. I had been throwing it out and mixing up new stuff, but after wasting a bunch of ONR that way, I`ve been using it even when it is clear. Seems to work just as well. The bottle of full strength ONR is still nice and blue, it`s just the QD diluted stuff that goes clear.

Edit: I always use distilled water with ONR, both for a full on ONR wash, as well as dilluting ONR to QD strength. My bottle smells like... well, it`s hard to describe. It has a strong polymer scent to it. It isn`t pleasant, but it`s not really nasty. It has no artificial odor-enhancer added to it, it just smells like chemicals.

Setec Astronomy
11-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Maybe it`s disappearing ink!

NSXTASY
11-13-2007, 05:55 PM
I keep 4 oz bottles and a larger bottle of ONR at QD strength, it has stayed blue for at least a month or two so far. Those of you that have ONR that turns clear, what does it smell like? The reason is, my first gallon from AG almost had no smell and would turn clear, my last gallon from danase has a quite strong but pleasant smell and has not turned clear. Hmm..

mnguyen110
11-13-2007, 06:02 PM
I tried using distilled water and it is still blue for over a month

imported_Bence
11-13-2007, 06:22 PM
In addition to what I said in the mentioned thread, I must say that the nw ONR keeps its color in any dilution UNTIL you expose it to direct sunlight. Even 30 minutes of sunlight will degrade its coloring very fast. However, if you keep it in a shady room, it will stay blue (and the newest one even smells good).