PDA

View Full Version : Yellow edge pad with the pc???

Reflctn Perfctn
07-03-2005, 01:31 AM
I just ordered the yellow edge pad and was wondering how well it will tackle minor scratches and some pain in the butt swirls with the use of SSR 2.5 or SSR 3?????Also will the yellow edge pad and SSR 2.5 need a follow up product that is less abrasive or can you go straight to a hand wax????

Big Leegr
07-03-2005, 05:29 AM
I think you will need to go to something less aggresive to follow. The Yellow is a med. cut pad. It`s not made for "finishing" work. You may well get hazing. If you have a finishing pad or a polishing pad, you should be able to clean up the marring by using 2.5 again. If you wanted to go the extra step, you would step down to SSR2 or 1 with the polishing or finishing pad. That would help clear things up even further.

awd330
07-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Big Leegr is correct. You will most likely need to followup with a less aggresive pad/product combo prior to applying your LSP.

If you correctly work the SSR2.5 (or SSR3) and yellow pad combo, it should permit you to remove the majority of moderate surface flaws. If one pass is not enough, you may need to: do another pass, work the product longer, or step up to a rotary.

max080
07-04-2005, 04:30 PM
There is Hope (http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=13028)

Here is a thread that I posted a week ago. I also used the yellow edge pad and ssr2.5. It worked wonderfully to remove some pretty tough swirls. I did have to follow up with ssr1 via blue pad as there was some slight hazing left behind. I think you will have good success with this combo. I talked with Steve a couple of times, and he reminded me to go slow. Give the product enough time to break down, and it will work. Good Luck :bigups

Reflctn Perfctn
07-04-2005, 11:25 PM
awsome job man! I cant wait till i get my edge yellow pad in the mail :)

Aaron@IAP
07-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Did you get the classic velcro version or the new Edge2000 quick connect double sided version?

Reflctn Perfctn
07-05-2005, 12:56 PM
i have the edge 2k double sided. Is that what you would reccomend?