PDA

View Full Version : Love bug madness :(

sheik124
11-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi,

This summer I neglected to remove the love bugs from my front bumper (live in FL) every day, then went overseas before getting a chance to really get everything off. Yesterday while washing my car I used some bug and tar remover + a quick detailing spray to get all of the solid bug matter off of the bumper, but now my paint is etched and pitted where those damn bugs perished. Bought a Mother`s clay bar and clayed the whole bumper, then went over it with a pass of Mother`s cleaning wax to get the paint as clean as possible. What do you guys recommend for getting my bumper looking clean again?

BlueLibby04
11-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Nothing much you can do about the pitting. If youve removed all the dead bugs via claying then thats all you can do short of a repaint.

sheik124
11-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Nothing much you can do about the pitting. If youve removed all the dead bugs via claying then thats all you can do short of a repaint.

Some parts of the bumper aren`t exactly pitted, they look a little discolored. Is there anyway to polish those parts out?

Boozman
11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Some parts of the bumper aren`t exactly pitted, they look a little discolored. Is there anyway to polish those parts out?

I don`t think so it`s from the acid in the bugs guts.

sheik124
11-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I don`t think so it`s from the acid in the bugs guts.

Crap :(

Well, I guess I`ll just take care of whatever`s left of my bumper........:nomore: