PDA

View Full Version : Griot`s Buffer and What Pads To Use?

Pages : 1 [2]

mdrums
11-12-2007, 10:30 AM
I am going with the Griot;s buffer. I will only be useing it on my personal cars and am not in the detail business. Griot`s is more powerful than the PC and has a nice tight orbit pattern. I was going to get the UDM but on all these websites I noticed a lot of people with motor and switch issues. There was even a video of UDM with these issues.

zzzzdoc
11-13-2007, 12:09 PM
I am going with the Griot;s buffer. I will only be useing it on my personal cars and am not in the detail business. Griot`s is more powerful than the PC and has a nice tight orbit pattern. I was going to get the UDM but on all these websites I noticed a lot of people with motor and switch issues. There was even a video of UDM with these issues.

The Griots is significantly LESS powerful than the PC, not more.

300B
11-13-2007, 01:20 PM
The Griots is significantly LESS powerful than the PC, not more.

Are you sure?

I heard Richard say it`s close to a 6A unit.

zzzzdoc
11-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Used them both side-by-side over the weekend. No comparison. I`m sure many others will agree. Griots bogs down much more easily.

BigAl3
11-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Griots bogs down much more easily.

it`s even apparent in the griots dvd as well...

mdrums
11-13-2007, 06:16 PM
I can get a full refund if the Griot`s Buffer does not meet my needs. It will be here on Wednesday and I wil get some work done the following week and see how it does.

I have heard that some think the Griot`s is not as powerful because the polishing pattern is tighter.