PDA

View Full Version : Drought = no washing - Help!

AuAltima3.5
11-11-2007, 11:48 AM
We have had drought conditions for a few months, and I haven`t washed my car since september (maybe august?), minus the local pressure once or twice.

I was looking at ONR or something similar, but was curious how this would work for a car that hasn`t been washed in a REALLY long time. There isn`t anything globbed on the surface, but it is coated with alot of grime.

It seems like you need alot of MF, and that is something I don`t have. How many would I need for a four dour car like an Altima or G35?

J-Rad
11-11-2007, 12:29 PM
ONR should work just fine unless there is caked on mud. If there is caked on grime, go to your local touchless car wash first, then ONR at home.

One waffle weave drying towel with a couple of microfiber cloths will be plenty.

ONR worked even better than I expected and my expectations were high given the hype.

SuperBee364
11-11-2007, 04:08 PM
There are quite a few threads with pictures of really dirty cars being washed with ONR...

I just can`t find them right now.:nixweiss

imported_altez
11-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Your best bet is just take it to the coin OP and pressure wash it, take it home and ONR it.

Boozman
11-11-2007, 05:32 PM
I just tried QEW on my wifes Acura Ta and man it did a great job, I was very supprised

IBStoney1
11-14-2007, 11:26 AM
We have had drought conditions for a few months, and I haven`t washed my car since september (maybe august?), minus the local pressure once or twice.

I was looking at ONR or something similar, but was curious how this would work for a car that hasn`t been washed in a REALLY long time. There isn`t anything globbed on the surface, but it is coated with alot of grime.

It seems like you need alot of MF, and that is something I don`t have. How many would I need for a four dour car like an Altima or G35?

Hi,

I would recommend ONR as it is a NO rinse Ecosafe GREEN product. :spot :spot :spot

Use one ounce of product to one gallon of distilled water. Using distilled water is the way to go because you are not taking water from the tap. I purchase my distilled water at the local grocery store for under a buck per gallon. Pick up a couple of gallons. Keep the receipt handy because the water police may arrive and with the receipt you are fine. With really dirty cars I make the first pass to remove the majority of dirt & debris then the second pass cleans up everything and wipe dry. Move to next section. I use two buckets, distilled water in both buckets, Gritguards in both, MF mitt, waffle weave towel for drying.

Sending you a PM.