PDA

View Full Version : Simplification of Products & More on Process

pingable
11-10-2007, 04:36 PM
That`s what I told myself the beginning of this year. And of course...I have accumulate MORE detailing supplies. This is the only hobby that just continually eats up shelf space.

Doing some late fall cleaning...and getting winters tars out for prep and such. Getting ready to put the track car to bed, fogging, etc.

Power tools, Audio Equipment, etc....all bad hobbies of mind - but I know what I want and don`t change them out like a bad pair of socks.

Maybe it`s the fact that each detailing product is a *low cost* item but when you add them all up....they do add $$.....

Just pondering... ;-)

a.k.a. Patrick
11-10-2007, 05:05 PM
And do you feel like you all by yourself? (In my best therapist tone)

Eliot Ness
11-10-2007, 05:14 PM
And do you feel like you all by yourself? (In my best therapist tone)Yeah, I`m down to one spray wax/cooking spray combo, one bottle of Dawn, and two MF towels. And if you believe that I`ve got some beautiful beach front property for sale ;) .

I try to limit the amount of new stuff I buy, but it is very, very hard Dr. Pat.

Ya know, that spray wax/cooking spray combo sounds like it has promise.. You just watch, Griots will steal that one just like they did my speed wax (http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/82195-collinite-speed-stick-wax.html) idea :bawling: .

imported_weekendwarrior
11-10-2007, 06:06 PM
I have literally run out of shelf space for products in my garage. So, that means I either have to stop acquiring products, or get a bigger garage. So, we decided we are going to build a new house with a LARGER garage (well, we are building a new house this spring, so I decided to go ahead and make the garage newer than my current one).

The only new products I am buying for now are discontinued products that I run across like Meguiar`s MPPP and M16, and I pick up a few products on the Trading Post section from time to time when I run across a good deal.

pt91
11-11-2007, 12:22 AM
[quote name=`weekendwarrior`]I have literally run out of shelf space for products in my garage. So, that means I either have to stop acquiring products, or get a bigger garage. So, we decided we are going to build a new house with a LARGER garage (well, we are building a new house this spring, so I decided to go ahead and make the garage newer than my current one).

Me too. garage will go from 2 to 4. can`t wait.

imported_rydawg
11-11-2007, 12:40 AM
And do you feel like you all by yourself? (In my best therapist tone)

haha... that was funny:LOLOL

imported_rydawg
11-11-2007, 12:47 AM
chics buy make up, clothes and beauty supplies and us guys buy car beaty supplies. They spend way more money than us.

I have so much stuff now I have bottles that were falling out of my Escalade from every door that I would open. My garage is a different story. Thank god I got rid of a lot of stuff in the early spring.

I need to take a week off just so I can re-organize myself. Plus I got new supplies coming in still.

I am clearing house soon and getting rid of what I do not use.