PDA

View Full Version : hazy headlights help!!

the new guy
11-09-2007, 09:11 PM
hi I`m new here but i have a few questions please help. I wet sanded my headlights then fallowed up with some 3m polishing compound to get rid of the scratches on my headlights. Right after it look crystal clear. While i drive in the morning it looks really good no scratches at all! But when i turn the lights on at night there`s a light film of hazy on the headlights! I try using 3m plastic polish, nu finish plastic polish, and plastic x polish but none seem to work! It sorta look like the hazy is inside the headlight but these headlights are new. Any idea how to get rid of it?

kittay
11-18-2007, 05:04 PM
You can put the headlights in the oven for a few mins just to heat up the glue so you can take the plastic cover off.. then clean the inside.. heat it up again and stick it together while the glue`s still warm

the new guy
11-18-2007, 05:24 PM
for how long and what temp should i have it in the oven?

kittay
11-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Sorry.. didn`t put that.. I guess that would help..

150 for 15 mins

250 for 9 mins

KEEP AN EYE ON IT!! even every 2-3 mins, check how warm it is

also, remove all screws/ rubber pieces before putting it in, that will help alot ;)

The second time, after 5 mins, it should be warm enough to put back together

My husband accidently set it to 450 and waited 9 mins. The whole house was filled with smoke and burning plastic smell. The whole headlight was melted. Good thing we have tons of spairs.