PDA

View Full Version : I need Help. Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze Streaked!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

5.0._Bullet
11-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Okay, today I finally got to the truck after weeks of deciding on what products to use. After much research I decided on this.

I washed the truck with Meguires gold class car wash.

Then I used the Mothers clay bar kit

Then I used the Klasse all-in-one polish

And lastly followed up with the Klasse glaze

I READ and FOLLOWED the directions to everything EXACTLY as stated. I used micro-fiber with everything. (The Klasse kit even came with applicators and micro-fiber buffing cloths) The truck looked amazing up until I applied the Klasse glaze. Don`t get me wrong, it is still really, really shiny, but if you look real close into the clear coat, you can see streaking. I know it is from the Klasse glaze because there wasn`t any streaks until I rubbed off the glaze. Is this normal? How can I get rid of the streaks without starting from square one again. Has anybody had this problem? A little upset right now cause it`s a brand new truck and I have spent 7 hours on it.

joshtpa
11-09-2007, 07:38 AM
THe only time I had any streaking after using KSG is when I used a little too much product. A quick spritz with a QD and wiping off, should take care of it.

zzzzdoc
11-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Try a 6:1 mixture of distilled water to KSG. WOWO with this. Should do the trick. Went through this a few weeks ago, and fellow autopians fixed me right up.

5.0._Bullet
11-09-2007, 07:50 AM
ZZZDoc.. how did you do it? Put the 6:1 mixture in a spray bottle? By the way, I am new to this so I don`t have a clue what WOWO means? haha sorry

zzzzdoc
11-09-2007, 07:55 AM
ZZZDoc.. how did you do it? Put the 6:1 mixture in a spray bottle? By the way, I am new to this so I don`t have a clue what WOWO means? haha sorry

Yup. Put it in a spray bottle, spray it on, then wipe it off (WOWO).

Try it. If it doesn`t work, let smarter people give you another answer.

Setec Astronomy
11-09-2007, 07:56 AM
There are many SG (Sealant Glaze) threads on here; the secret is to apply a "whisper thin" layer of the SG, so it seems like you are putting nothing on. It will flash dry and disappear, with perhaps only a minor remnant to be buffed off. If you put on so much you can easily see it, it will dry to an iron-like substance, but as Josh noted, some QD usually takes care of that.

5.0._Bullet
11-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Thanks everybody for the help. It is really appreciated. I am going to try the 6:1. If that doesn`t work, I will go to the QD. QD means quick detailer correct? I can use Mothers or something like that? I`m sorry that I am so ignorant with this subject, but I am new in the game here.

joshtpa
11-09-2007, 08:14 AM
No problems. Yes, it does mean quick detailer. Actually you using the SG 6:1 is basically a QD.

Setec Astronomy
11-09-2007, 08:23 AM
I`m sorry that I am so ignorant with this subject, but I am new in the game here.

Don`t apologize...people here who don`t help newbs are punished by having to buff off thick layers of SG!! :grinno: :welcome

dmatre
11-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Here`s the link to the whole thread: http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/98364-removing-klasse-sealant-glaze-residue.html

zzzzdoc
11-09-2007, 09:36 AM
No problems. Yes, it does mean quick detailer. Actually you using the SG 6:1 is basically a QD.Indeed. A problem I ran into was I used Griots Garage Speed Shine as the QD to remove KSG and it didn`t work. When I used FK1 425 it worked fine. Lesson I learned that SS is Carnuaba based, and didn`t remove the KSG.

In trying both, I eventually settled on the 6:1 as the easiest approach. Plus it may add a little more KSG to the finish, which I figured wasn`t a bad thing.

I started that other thread, BTW, when I ran into problems with KSG. Fortunately, as usually happens around here, lots of people came to my aid.

EOppie
11-09-2007, 10:11 AM
The first time I used KSG the same thing happened. You really need to apply it as if you think nothing is happening...you will be pleasantly surprised with the results.

imported_Larry A
11-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Two things that I here about removeing KSG are , wipe it off wet, dont let dry, and second use a qd to remove it . The qd recomended is Eagle One Wipe n Shine.

5.0._Bullet
11-09-2007, 11:59 AM
I want to thank everybody that helped me. I tried the 6:1 water to SG and it worked perfectly. It looks really good now. It is almost hard to believe that little of product protects for 12 months.

zzzzdoc
11-09-2007, 12:17 PM
12 months is floridly optomistic. But you`ll get several months out of it. Especially if you layered several layers. Do a search for KSG and you`ll find lots of good advice on how to apply it.