PDA

View Full Version : Advertising on CL

Pages : [1] 2

JBs
11-08-2007, 10:26 PM
is advertising on craigslist effective? has anyone had any good experience with it in the past?

i am planning on putting a few details (not the car ones lol) and prices, then a link to my site (http://www.jc-detail.com).

thanks

BradUF
11-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Everything I have seen on CL is full details for 50 bucks.

SShine
11-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Everything I have seen on CL is full details for 50 bucks.

yea, might as well just advertise in the pennysaver ads while youre at it

imported_rydawg
11-08-2007, 11:38 PM
CL is the biggest bargain shopping that is for free. You better be willing give the lowest prices in order to compete with the low ballers.

The only thing I did great with on craigslist was selling heavy equipment

Woob
11-09-2007, 01:48 AM
CL is the biggest bargain shopping that is for free. You better be willing give the lowest prices in order to compete with the low ballers.

The only thing I did great with on craigslist was selling heavy equipment

Yup, honestly is your work like the work that`s advertised on CL?

Superior Shine
11-09-2007, 08:33 AM
You need to decide if Craigs list users are your target market. They sure arnt mine.

If your not sure run a few test ads. It is free so you have nothing to lose.

Envious Eric
11-09-2007, 02:45 PM
^^^^^^ all said and hold true for the majority...but then there are other who understand what detailing is if you talk to them on the phone...

I placed an ad and 2 hours later got a call, talked a bit, set prices, and booked three of their cars for my original prices, not lower ones!

time placing the ad: 10 min

profits: over $600

worth it...yep!

lucille1976
11-09-2007, 06:38 PM
We have a an ad on there and get lots of emails back. They never complain with price and we have even got multiple of referrals off of it.

BradUF
11-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I have approximately 275 to 300 cinder blocks for sale. They are standard 8"x8"x16". They cost about $1.75 plus delivery fees if you buy them somewhere else. I`m asking $1.00 per block.

You pick them up and move them yourself.

Please don`t waste my ****ing time with those endless emails. These are plain old cinderblocks, for **** sake. You don`t need to do an engineering study on the feasibility of using these ****ing things as building material. That`s what they`re for, you ****ing idiots. Now listen, we`re all busy people here. You want the blocks? Come get the ****ing blocks and give me 1 dollar for every block you take. How ****ing hard is that? You don`t have to tell me what you`re building. I don`t give a ****. I just want to get these ****ing things off my property. So if you want them, get the the **** over here with some money and take them. The next ****ing moron that emails me with "I`m building a blah blah blah, and was wondering if..." The answer is NO. Come get the ****ing blocks and build it yourself. If I knew how to do masonry, don`t you think I`d be using the blocks myself instead of selling them for half ****ing price? What the **** is wrong with you people? The next one of you ****ing *******es that emails me with some sob-story ******** is getting his email address added to the North American Man/Boy Love Association list.

You want the blocks? Come get the blocks, and don`t **** with me!

AppliedColors
11-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Craigslist is probably the best return on investment (time and money) among all advertising options.

You can separate yourself from the entry level detailers by:

1. Including a professional looking logo.

2. Providing many before/after photos of your work

3. Providing a picture of your work rig or shop...even yourself.

4. Providing testimonials

5. Posting your ad to the top of the list every day. This is critical--after two days, your ad is buried and ignored.

I know detailers who book $1k - $5k off Craigslist monthly depending on the season.

Superior Shine
11-09-2007, 11:03 PM
I have approximately 275 to 300 cinder blocks for sale. They are standard 8"x8"x16". They cost about $1.75 plus delivery fees if you buy them somewhere else. I`m asking $1.00 per block.

You pick them up and move them yourself.

Please don`t waste my ****ing time with those endless emails. These are plain old cinderblocks, for **** sake. You don`t need to do an engineering study on the feasibility of using these ****ing things as building material. That`s what they`re for, you ****ing idiots. Now listen, we`re all busy people here. You want the blocks? Come get the ****ing blocks and give me 1 dollar for every block you take. How ****ing hard is that? You don`t have to tell me what you`re building. I don`t give a ****. I just want to get these ****ing things off my property. So if you want them, get the the **** over here with some money and take them. The next ****ing moron that emails me with "I`m building a blah blah blah, and was wondering if..." The answer is NO. Come get the ****ing blocks and build it yourself. If I knew how to do masonry, don`t you think I`d be using the blocks myself instead of selling them for half ****ing price? What the **** is wrong with you people? The next one of you ****ing *******es that emails me with some sob-story ******** is getting his email address added to the North American Man/Boy Love Association list.

You want the blocks? Come get the blocks, and don`t **** with me!

I love it!! MAN THAT IS SOOOOOOO FUNNY!!

imported_mirrorfinishman
11-10-2007, 09:59 AM
is advertising on craigslist effective?

As a professional detailing business owner, couldn`t you think of better ways of advertising your business without maintaining a direct association with scams and fraud?

imported_Jakerooni
11-10-2007, 10:20 AM
As a professional detailing business owner, couldn`t you think of better ways of advertising your business without maintaining a direct association with scams and fraud?

That`s really a very narrowminded view of things really. I bet there`s a ton of scammers and frauder on this site as well. Ebay is the same way but it`s hugely succesful. I don`t care what fashion of life you decide to live in there will always be scammers in all of them. Heck Good ol George W holds the most prestigious Job in the nation but I wouldn`t trust that idiot scam artist with my kids piggy bank. I honestly think if your smart about it craigs list could prove a very valuable and useful marketing tool. It`s not very often anymore one can get anything free anymore. Take advantage of it..

brwill2005
11-10-2007, 10:26 AM
I understand the point Frank is trying to make, however, I agree that there are frauds present in every type of advertising media. I think the point is, your potential customer`s draw conclusions from your advertising. If you do a cheap looking ad in a pennysaver type of media, you are not going to attract desirable customers.

BradUF
11-10-2007, 10:39 AM
I don`t think posting on there could hurt but only if you make it clear you wont do a full detail for 50 bucks.