PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Temp Questions

nonwelder
11-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi...

Many products are on my shelves right now, but I am thinking of trying out some of the hi temp lineup, mainly their LSP`s. My question is...has anyone tried the Black Liquid wax? Interested in it, but not sure if it will mute the flake, as I am not familiar with the composition. What about the paint sealant? I`ve read some things here, but was looking for some new info.

Thanks!

nonwelder
11-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I should also add that I am looking at the one step wax...any good?

Al Buff
11-08-2007, 12:09 PM

So far, the lineup with alright but for the price.. you cant complain.

I use the HTEC exclusively as its cheap BUT it dust like crazy and has a short working time.. i always have to dilute it with something.

The Smooth Cut Polish is decent. Does a lot of hiding tho as it fill swirls and even minor scratches. Not neary as strong as 106ff which is my favorite.

The One Step Wax i have too. Leave a nice shine and is cheap but is a little difficult to remove. Dont expect any polishing from it as with any one step polish/wax or all in one.

Terminator, the same. This one might even be harder to remove then the wax.

imported_smprince1
11-08-2007, 12:59 PM

I use and like the HT-69 as a 1-step. Applies/removes easy and decent results for a 1-step.

Junebug
11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
I like the HT-69 one step too, I recently used it on my new Honda Accord to clean up and polish the paint before I waxed it. It gave it a very nice shine and slickness. I probably could have left it at that step. The Terminator - I used on a Rav4, I applied by PC and I didn`t have any issues removing it, definitely looked good on that metal flake paint.

3wide
11-08-2007, 01:36 PM
i`ve used ht-69, lasted a few months on my daily driver, not bad. it didn`t correct much but didn`t expect it to. i just recieved some ht-120 bahama mama carnuba. put some on a fender to test it out, went on good, came off good, might be a winner. $7 for 16oz i don`t think you could go wrong with it. i used wowo method and let it sit for 30min and removed easily with both methods. i reapplied some more and am going to let it sit for longer, it`s cold here might take longer to set up.

:usa

Driven-528e
11-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Frankly, none of their products flat-out "Wow" me. But, they have become my go-to products nonetheless. Price, ease of use, results, consistency, and TOL customer service all play a role. HT-69 is my favorite one-step. You get a noticeable improvement in the shine of the paint. I like Terminator for its durability, and the look is "nice" to "great" depending on the car and previous steps. The bottle suggests a second application to get the best looking results, and its a noticeable difference. However, even with one application it will look good and provide great protection. Bahama mama is just like every other liquid wax I`ve tried, save your money. If by "black liquid wax" you are refering to "Midnight Express" then I would suggest it. It provides a nice wet look shine and is extremely easy to use. I`d suggest topping it though, because I didnt think durability was anything special.

KevinVanCaster
11-08-2007, 04:33 PM
To mirror Driven-528 their leveler works good but no WOW.

The "Midnight express" I`ll sell you my bottle. The black paste

wax on the other hand IS a good product.

It fills and hides well and has good durability when layered.

Kevin

SVR
11-08-2007, 10:21 PM
HT 440 Extreme cut plus (water based version) just arrived from florida yesterday and I`m after a very quick guide on how to use it right

Is 1500 rpm enough, whats working time like etc

Junebug
11-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Just tried the "Fast Cut" via an orange LC pad on my PC. Subject was a black 2000Mitsubishi with new (clear coated) paint on hood and drivers side and old single stage everywhere else. The new paint had the typical buffer swirls from the shop, the rest was gray oxidized crap. HiTemp didn`t let me down, got the whole car LSP ready, note: if you never polished single stage, prepare to clean your pad a LOT! Was it perfect? No, but I got it 90% and for the $ I get for reconditioning used cars - that is plent good enough. If I was doing it for a friend, then I would have too more time and gone over it longer.

violentveedub
11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
I`ve used Hi-temp`s Poly-plate and it looks really good on silver... for about a day. It`s cheap as hell and does what it says it`s just not as good as the other stuff I use.

I love their levelers though, and the QD is pretty good on lighter colors. It started to streak on my black car.