PDA

View Full Version : Starting a website

baseballlover1
11-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Well i think it might be time i make a website. I would rather not pay someone to make it for me. Are there any programs that would help me for a mac?

YoMike
11-07-2007, 12:54 AM
mac or pc doesn`t matter, learn basic HTML

html code @ Gotomy.com (http://gotomy.com/code.html)

tod071
11-07-2007, 01:12 AM
register your domain, get a dotmac (.mac) account, and iLife, which includes iWeb and you`re good to go. So simple, I actually re-did my site in less than 2 hrs last night. Drag pics from iPhoto, pre-designed templates, blogs, podcasts, and so much more you can do with iWeb. Although its always good to learn HTML, which you can also do with the new iWeb, this is a great starters tool.

baseballlover1
11-07-2007, 05:32 PM
i have iweb and a .mac act. The only problom i forsaw was when you publish a website, you cant choose the name of it. Know what i mean? or am i wrong?

baseballlover1
11-07-2007, 05:34 PM
So whats your website look like?

tod071
11-08-2007, 01:47 AM
i have iweb and a .mac act. The only problom i forsaw was when you publish a website, you cant choose the name of it. Know what i mean? or am i wrong?

Choose the name of what? You can change the name of the pages. Or is it the website web.mac.com/username that you want to change? You can register a domain name and point it to the .mac acct.

So whats your website look like?

Trendy Auto Salon (www.trendyautosalon.com)

Not quite complete, still working on it.