PDA

View Full Version : Winter floor protection

ZoomBoy
11-06-2007, 01:51 PM
This is my first winter with my Civic, and I`d like to keep the carpets looking great with minimal salt stains. I don`t have winter mats in the car (don`t like them anyways) and want to protect the carpets with some sort of rubber/plastic.

Previously in my GTI VR6 I used to put down plastic on the floors and then place the mats over them, but the plastic would eventually slide all over and the efforts would be fruitless.

Is there some sort of rubber that`s not a mat anyone knows of I can place over my vehicle carpet (not the mats) that will keep the slush and salt off during the winter months?

Macruz19
11-06-2007, 01:57 PM
What year is your car?

I`d buy the All-season floor mats...

H and A Accessories dot com - Genuine Factory Honda and Acura Accessories at discount prices. Accessories made by Honda and Acura for your car (http://www.handa-accessories.com/)

I have a set for my TL and I bought a set for my GF Civic Hybrid. Stylish, and keeps the carpet looking good.

Honestly... I`ve been using all season floor mats on my Hondas, and NEVER EVER had to clean the carpet.

NSXTASY
11-06-2007, 01:59 PM
I know you said you didnt want mats but, WeatherTech Molded Liners, the new ones, theres not really a better way.

Otherwise, use some Scotchguard or similar product and keep your fingers crossed, and your feet on the mats.

imported_Jakerooni
11-06-2007, 04:58 PM
you can get rolls of the stick on plastic that car dealers put down on their cars from any reputiable supply shop.

ZoomBoy
11-07-2007, 07:02 AM
you can get rolls of the stick on plastic that car dealers put down on their cars from any reputiable supply shop.

I was thinking of this, someone also noted that I could try the self-adhesive drop cloths as well.