PDA

View Full Version : Detail sprays on top of Ultima PGP. Anyone tried Z-8 or AW yet?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_DJBAILEY
11-06-2007, 05:13 AM
The UDSP is a decent detail spray for cleaning up the surface but I do not think it changes the look at all which makes it quite expensive for just cleaning.

What other detail sprays have anybody used with UPGP? Has anyone tried using any of the sealant toppers like Z-8 or AW yet? Any streaking or flat out incompatibility issues?

I am not impressed with the reflections that UPGP creates at all and I`ve been thinking that Z-8, AW or even less the durable FK425 could help it out.

joshtpa
11-06-2007, 08:06 AM
My neighbor and I put both Z-8 and FK425 on top of it, and both looked fantastic.

imported_series1
11-06-2007, 08:32 AM
I`ve used meguiars quick detailer and it seems to work fine. I am waiting to get the Ultima detail spray to my door though to see how it is, along with the ultima wash and tire and trim guard.

mparker30
11-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Ive used prima hydro, pinnacle cm and their spray soveran with no issues

joshtpa
11-06-2007, 09:00 AM
not get off topic, but what did you think of the prima hydro?

SuperBee364
11-07-2007, 01:25 AM
I`ve used Z6 and Z8 over it. No incompatibilities, and as Josh said, the Z8 looks great. The Z6 didn`t really add to the look like the Z8 did, though.

Bigpikle
11-07-2007, 09:16 AM
I`ve used Z6 and Z8 over it. No incompatibilities, and as Josh said, the Z8 looks great. The Z6 didn`t really add to the look like the Z8 did, though.

how did the Z8 change the look? I would love to find something that added extra wetness to the finish and was considering Z8.

thanks

BLKSWAN
11-07-2007, 09:25 AM
has anyone put fk425 over upgp? since everyone raves about fk425, i would think this could be a good combo.

mparker30
11-07-2007, 10:28 AM
not get off topic, but what did you think of the prima hydro?

I love it. My next door neigbors detail cars and ne day stopped by and told me to try it as i was drying my car. I normally use 1 spray per panel while wet but not to much water and it leaves the surface super slick. It really does get slicker the more you let it cure. I can compare it to pinnacle cm but it leave the surface slicker. It seems to have some anti-static properties and looks better the next day. I use it on my black rr sport and it make the flakes stand out. My guess is it is just like aquawax. I had ordered a gallon so i have enogh to last for a while. If you would like a sample you can pm me your info and I will send some out. I read how everyone rave about dg aw so that is next on my list plus it is alot cheaper.

blucpe
11-07-2007, 10:40 AM
i have`nt tried the prima hydro or fk425 yet, but i definitely intend to, i can`t imagine them being any better than aw but i`ve been surprised more than once using the recommendations for different products on this site.

mparker30
11-07-2007, 10:48 AM
If you try hydro you wont be dissapointed. See at the time i didn`t know about aw. So i had nothing to compare it to as for wax as you dry sprays. From what i hear about aw i will def get that when i run out just to compare and if they compare evnly then i will stick with aw because it is cheaper. I also have tried the ultima detail spray and really didnt care for it because i could stop the streaking. But if you alrady have z8 and aw then I would sitck with that.

imported_DJBAILEY
11-08-2007, 03:19 AM
I tried FK425 on top of UPGP today. No streaking issues. Looks very nice. The wetness was still there and the FK425 brought the reflections more in focus. Still not as in focus as before I put the UPGP on. I`m very disappointed with UPGP in the reflection department. I`ll try topping it with Z-8 and AW in a week or so.

SuperBee364
11-08-2007, 03:35 PM
how did the Z8 change the look? I would love to find something that added extra wetness to the finish and was considering Z8.

thanks

That`s pretty much what Z8 did. I like it better than Z6 or Ultima`s QD.

Bigpikle
11-09-2007, 08:25 AM
That`s pretty much what Z8 did. I like it better than Z6 or Ultima`s QD.

Good news - must get some Z8 now.....

imported_never gone
11-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I just got z8 a couple weeks ago and I can`t believe how wet and slick it makes the surface. Most def a different ball game from z6.