PDA

View Full Version : new mother products for 2008

Pages : [1] 2

BigAl3
11-06-2007, 02:50 AM
interested to see what the california gold spray wax is like...

http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/productpics/05147_72dpi.jpg

PowerBall 4Paint™

PowerBall 4Paint™ makes short work of polishing and waxing large surfaces, contoured edges and difficult, hard-to-reach areas. Simply attach it to your drill, apply polish or wax, and give any painted finish that showroom quality shine, especially clearcoats. Hundreds of gentle foam fingers work efficiently to give you unmatched coverage with ease. For best results, we recommend you use it with your favorite MothersĂ‚® products.

#05147, includes Polishing Tool and 4 oz. FX SynWaxĂ‚®

http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/productpics/05724_72dpi.jpg

California GoldĂ‚® Spray Wax

MothersĂ‚® Spray Wax is the quick and easy way to clean, shine and protect any automotive paint, including clearcoat. Spray Wax removes surface dust and fingerprints, while adding long-lasting shine, luster and depth. Used on a wet or dry surface, Spray Wax works as a booster over your existing wax or as a stand-alone product. Simply spray, wipe and buff to a brilliant shine!

#05724, 24 oz.

steelwind101
11-06-2007, 05:48 AM
I saw these the other day!! The Cali Gold Wax doesnt contain Nuba, i think its for removing light dust and has a polymer protection?

It will be intreasting to see how the Powerball for Paint works. Out in 2008 so we have a wait, any one have any demos of these products??

Geoff

DCT
11-06-2007, 06:37 AM
Yep, as I understand it, the Spray Wax is similar, but not quite the same as the FX Spray Wax. I like the FX Spray Wax, so I will probably like this one. However, I really like the latest formula of the Reflections Spray Wax. So, it may be a while before I try this one. :D

I`m also looking forward to their professional line due out the first of the year.

Frito Bandito
11-06-2007, 06:42 AM
More products I will have to buy! 2008 is looking good for OTC products between Mothers and Megs.

Russecu
11-06-2007, 09:22 AM
They have some new polishes coming out too don`t they? I thought I saw a pic over on AG of polishes. Must be part of the pro line mentioned before.

BigAl3
11-06-2007, 01:08 PM
They have some new polishes coming out too don`t they?

here`s a quote from administration...

Did Mothers announce their new professional line?

We currently have limited information on our new Professional Refinishing System, which includes five new products: Rubbing Compound (for 1,500 grade and finer sand scratches), Heavy Duty Rubbing Compound (for 1,200 grade and finer), Machine Glaze, Foam Pad Polish, and Hand Glaze.

These will all be distributed and supported at the pro level only, and should be available sometime in January.

Expect more information on these and other Professional line products in the months to come.

Eliot Ness
11-06-2007, 02:00 PM

http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/productpics/05147_72dpi.jpg

PowerBall 4Paint™

PowerBall 4Paint™ makes short work of polishing and waxing large surfaces, contoured edges and difficult, hard-to-reach areas. Simply attach it to your drill, apply polish or wax, and give any painted finish that showroom quality shine, especially clearcoats. Hundreds of gentle foam fingers work efficiently to give you unmatched coverage with ease. For best results, we recommend you use it with your favorite MothersĂ‚® products.I`m almost positive I saw a yellow PowerBall at the Mothers booth during the Street Rods Nats back in August.

It caught my eye because I haven`t seen them set-up there before and the guy was doing demos with the PowerBalls. I just watched him briefly and asked about the difference and he said one was more aggressive than the other.

OK, I found what I saw, it was the more aggressive PowerBall Mini MD (Metal Doctor): "makes costly wheel repairs a thing of the past. It allows you to safely and easily remove tough scratches and stains from your polished aluminum and stainless steel parts with speed and confidence."

MOTHERSĂ‚®: Power Products (http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/power_prod.html)

Anyway the PowerBall Mini MD is a new PowerBall I didn`t know about and it might come in handy for wheels that are in pretty bad shape.

imported_MCA
11-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Great news! IMO, Mother`s is one of the most underrated brands out there regardless of boutique/OTC status. Great products and great price with high availability. I am eager to test out the new spray wax - It does somewhat confuse me that some companies can produce multiple flavors of a specific product type that noticeable performance differences.

BigAl3
11-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Great news! IMO, Mother`s is one of the most underrated brands out there regardless of boutique/OTC status. Great products and great price with high availability.

agreed, i love both (just as good as anything out there) the...

http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/productpics/90007_QuickDetailTowel_sm.jpg + http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/productpics/90004_PolishingCloth_sm.jpg = :2thumbs:

wannafbody
11-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Powerball for paint might have good potential with a good drill and polish or compound. I`ll let someone else be the guinea pig tho.

Frito Bandito
11-06-2007, 09:11 PM
I think/hope it`s intended more for waxing. I someone were to try to use one with a drill to polish out swirls I imagine the results wouldn`t be good.

wannafbody
11-06-2007, 10:30 PM
I think/hope it`s intended more for waxing. I someone were to try to use one with a drill to polish out swirls I imagine the results wouldn`t be good.

Depends on the type of foam. A corded drill will deliver more rpm than a PC. The potential for corrective ability is good. It depends on whether it can deliver a hollogram free finish.

Frito Bandito
11-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Depends on the type of foam. A corded drill will deliver more rpm than a PC. The potential for corrective ability is good. It depends on whether it can deliver a hollogram free finish.

You`re right about that, I bet the foam is so soft it has virtually no cut. Can`t imagine they would sell it OTC otherwise. My primary concern with the new Powerball being used for paint correction was holograms, though. I also think reading the description they intend it for applying LSPs since most people use the wax/sealant/polish interchangeably. I guess we will find out soon enough!

Woob
11-07-2007, 01:53 AM
4 Paint Powerball seems interesting, some sections of the vehicle you literally can`t use a buffer so it would be interesting to use considering the direct action of the drill.

BigAl3
11-23-2007, 05:09 PM
not necessarily a new product, but has anyone tried this (paste version) and how does it compare to some other carnauba`s?

http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/productpics/05550-05750.jpg