PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Synwax FX - Shelf life / cleaners

schoi
11-05-2007, 07:50 PM
I love this stuff, but I`ve two questions about it:

(a) Assuming a lack of freezing temperatures, what sort of shelf life might I expect with it? My bottle is a couple of years old or so.

(b) I know it has cleaners, but is it a safe assumption that those cleaners will be sufficient to remove any/all existing sealant+wax? I would like to think so, but I suppose I could be wrong.

joshtpa
11-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I dont think that will remove existing LSPs

DCT
11-05-2007, 08:04 PM
I agree... FX Synwax is a nice product.

As for you questions... I would ask the folks over at Mothers.

BigAl3
11-05-2007, 08:42 PM
(a) Assuming a lack of freezing temperatures, what sort of shelf life might I expect with it? My bottle is a couple of years old or so.

the typical shelf life of a product in room temperature (not too hot or cold) would probably be around 3-5 years, but then again some have had product for alot longer. giving a good shake to your bottles once a month wouldn`t hurt either. i try to buy the paste over the liquid if it`s offered...

Alfisti
11-05-2007, 08:47 PM
The cleaners are reasonably strong - not cleaner wax strong, but strong enough to disturb the previous LSP, esp. a carnauba.

schoi
11-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Just wanted to mention that Forrest from Mothers says that Synwax`s cleaners are very light, and that either a prewax cleaner (as suggested to me here on this forum) or an isopropyl alcohol wipedown might be a good idea beforehand.

Frito Bandito
11-05-2007, 10:03 PM
The cleaners don`t seem to be as strong as the cleaners in NXT to me........I also love Synwax and look forward to trying their Reflections line.