PDA

View Full Version : what`s the worst injury you`ve had while detailing?

Pages : [1] 2

todd@bsaw
11-05-2007, 04:55 PM
In continuation of the "worst mistake you`ve made..." thread, I`d like to see what detailing injuries others have gotten. I`m sure there are plenty of bad backs out there and some pretty creative and grotesque injuries.

I wish I had pictures, but mine are not too bad. Plenty of bruised shins from trailer hitches (you`d think after hitting one twice I`d remember it was there!). My worst would probably be ripping off my thumb nail completely while claying under the drivers side mirror.

I know I hurt it, but didn`t realize it was gone until I saw blood in my wash bucket! :soscared:

After that day, I have always kept a nail clipper in my tool case and keep them suckers short!

BlueZero
11-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Nothing too bad. Once and a while I`ll get caught washing some nook. My one truck had a screw that stuck in to the wheel well. Twice I forgot it was there and got cut.

That nail story makes me cringe. That hurts for a long time.

GlossyTundra
11-05-2007, 05:21 PM
I was OS`ing the back doorhatch jamb of a Denali and came up and bent my pinky fingernail off on the gas shock.

And I fell off the side of a big rig when my pants got caught on my boots.

stiffdogg06
11-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Nothing to bad.

I was claying a TL`s lower body and came up and whacked my head on the side mirror; Hard. :faint:

I also have dropped my Makita on my toe. I guess I better start wearing steel toe boots to do clients cars. :sosad

joshtpa
11-05-2007, 05:46 PM
I can top most on this one. I tore my quad muscle clear off the bone. Could not walk for more than 6 months.

BigJimZ28
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
I can top most on this one. I tore my quad muscle clear off the bone. Could not walk for more than 6 months.

how????????????

robtrevino
11-05-2007, 05:50 PM

WTH!? how?

Macruz19
11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
^damn!!

For me, I had a few cuts on my fingers from washing the wheel wells or wheels.

Invigor
11-05-2007, 05:59 PM
polished my finger by mistake with a wool pad...makes ya jump and swear a little...

worse I`ve seen was a co-worker get poked with a needle when reaching out garbage from under the driver`s seat...pretty freaky. He went on monthly blood tests after that mess.

joshtpa
11-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Squatting and getting up repeatedly. I have some lingering sports injuries, and the dr told me that the tendons were weakened. When I felt the pain, I should have stopped. I just assumed it was nothing. Got up once and then squatted down again and my leg felt like it was on fire. Could not move it. My neighbor picked me up and drove me right to the ER.

TrueDetailer
11-05-2007, 07:21 PM
I ripped a good piece of my pinky apart with 3000 psi. Thata and a bad back are my injuries

mr.ikon
11-05-2007, 09:06 PM
In continuation of the "worst mistake you`ve made..." thread, I`d like to see what detailing injuries others have gotten. I`m sure there are plenty of bad backs out there and some pretty creative and grotesque injuries.

I wish I had pictures, but mine are not too bad. Plenty of bruised shins from trailer hitches (you`d think after hitting one twice I`d remember it was there!). My worst would probably be ripping off my thumb nail completely while claying under the drivers side mirror.

I know I hurt it, but didn`t realize it was gone until I saw blood in my wash bucket! :soscared:

After that day, I have always kept a nail clipper in my tool case and keep them suckers short!

When I read this, I felt to see if my thumb nail was still there.

I haven`t suffered any injuries, just a sore back from long work on interiors.

todd@bsaw
11-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I must have jinxed myself. I just did it again today on the emblem of an old Mercury!

Only half the nail is gone this time. I tried not to bleed on the customers car. :)

Paulie Walnuts
11-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Ifl..........

Ok worst I had was I was sitting on my creeper and opened the steamer not realizing it was still on. Shot steam up and burned my hand and scared me so bad I jumped off the creeper fell backwards and hit my head on the garage floor.

I also cut the tip of a finger open with a still spinning rotary plate and I also got full strength Megs WB in my eye, that stung.

Spilchy
11-07-2007, 05:53 PM
I was vigorously cleaning the inside rim of an X5 and smashed the knuckle of my index finger on the rotor which tore the skin off real deep. It was a bloody mess and now I am left with a scar and an indentation where the gash occurred.