PDA

View Full Version : Bucket

dsemmler
07-01-2005, 06:59 AM
This is probably a really dumb question but I am planning to use the 2 bucket method with a grit guard in each bucket. Will any 5 gallon bucket do the job or should I look for one from a specific store? Not sure if any of the cheap buckets would have chemicals from the plastic or anything.

I know the Home Depot has buckets in the painting area and I just read a thread that commented Target has some buckets that have a GG (or something similar) already in them. I am sure the local car parts stores have buckets as well, as does Walmart.

Just being paranoid about doing something to ruin my new car but I thought that I would ask anyway.

Derek

tubafeak
07-01-2005, 01:41 PM
I`ve used buckets that started with anything from laundry detergent to soy sauce in them. The trick is to rinse the bucket out a couple of times to rinse out any former product residue. As long as you stay away from buckets that once contained concrete or lime you`ll be fine.

dsemmler
07-02-2005, 02:33 PM
As long as you stay away from buckets that once contained concrete or lime you`ll be fine.

Thanks for the confirmation. My box of PB products just arrived and now I am waiting on my stuff from PAC, once that arrives I will be giving my new car the first detail.

Derek

Poorboy
07-02-2005, 04:33 PM
I`ve used buckets that started with anything from laundry detergent to soy sauce in them. .

where did you ever get a bucket of Soy Sauce:confused: :rofl :lmfao

and yeah everything else he said:lol

J.J.
07-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Wal-Mart has nice wash bucket for $0.97. Variety of colors too!

Kimo
07-02-2005, 10:24 PM
I use two of the HD buckets.

I have LOTS of buckets around the house since I have a 180 gallon reef tank :)

I have to haul LOTS of water, but my car wash buckets are dedicated to that now.

tubafeak
07-03-2005, 09:00 AM
My mom came home with a 5-gallon bucket of soy sauce from a wholesale club or a restaurant supply store. Either that or a caterer gave it to her, she runs a meeting room at OSU and she gets a lot of stuff from caterers. All I know is that it`s a good bucket.

Laurel
07-06-2005, 01:15 AM
All I know is don`t go to Shucks/Checker/Kragen for a bucket. They only carry one blue pos.