PDA

View Full Version : Caring for new Vette convertible top.

edonthenet
11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Just bought a 2008 Corvette convertible and wanted to get some tips on caring for the cloth top. Is there any special treatment to keep it`s color and texture new looking?

Thanks for any help.

http://sincitygoats.com/gallery/d/10660-2/ed_s+corvette+3U4O3186+_Large_.jpg

audicoupej
11-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Raggtop. Use it 1-2 times a year. They have a cleaner and protectant.

Beautiful C6 vert!

BigJimZ28
11-05-2007, 04:29 PM
lint rollers are you new best friend

Deanski
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Ragtop products. Used by most convertible top mfgs. including Haartz.

You can`t do much better than that! www.raggtopp.com

Deanski

BigJimZ28
11-05-2007, 05:05 PM
also did you read this?:

http://autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/80227-convertible-top-care.html

Deanski
11-05-2007, 09:25 PM
As I stated, Raggtopp cleaner/conditioner is the way to go for care.

Do not use synthetic brushes!!!! Use horsehair, boars hair etc that is stiff, but not too stiff that it will mark up the fabric.

Always test areas not normally viewable to make sure all tools and products will not damage the fabric.

Plastic can make it that much more of a challenge. Wash it often to keep it clean, do not use any brush on the plastics. Clean with Plexus when you first see any problems.

Most Porsche Cab owners use Raggtopp and this is exactly what I use and suggest for owners after doing one. I will show them how to wash and care for it, which will last the life of the car as long as stains do not get imbedded into the fabrics.

Since this is a new Vette, take a picture of the top now dry and another when you have wetted it down. Keep these in your detail kit and look at them to compare if the beading is becoming larger, or not at all. Also, look at the depth of color for sun weathering. After treatment, I use 303 just to add a bit more UV protection.

As long as you record the time it looks now, you`ll have a better chance in keeping it looking brand new.

Regards,

Deanski

imported_memnuts
11-06-2007, 08:13 AM
RaggTop

Blot dry after washing with Waffle-weave MF (non-linting)

Garage & Daily driver (decreases exposure to UV)

This will maintain your "like-new" black fabric top.

10 years experience with such with my Z28 (33,400 mi). Worked for me.

Beautiful C6. :D