PDA

View Full Version : My first detail, black IS350.

Pages : [1] 2

blackeyeS
11-05-2007, 04:50 AM
First time out on my baby. How`d I do?

Body:

Z7

Z5 1 application

Z6 1 application

Z8 1 application

Wheels:

Duragloss

Z2

Z6

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n274/jcooper06/IMG_2379.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n274/jcooper06/IMG_2378.jpg

Cassman
11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Looks great from that angle. Some sun shots catching the sun`s reflection would be a better shot for evaluation.

BuffMe
11-05-2007, 01:23 PM
The shot in the picture link shows great reflection but it may look like you still have some micro-marring on the front bumper. It`s hard to tell though. Like already suggested, get some more direct sun reflection shots and we`ll be able to make better judgment. Overall, it looks good though.

Brian_Brice
11-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Looks great from that angle. Some sun shots catching the sun`s reflection would be a better shot for evaluation.

Not really, this wasn`t a corretive detail as he stated in his procedure, looks nice and wet for a non abrassive job.

BuffMe
11-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Not really, this wasn`t a corretive detail as he stated in his procedure, looks nice and wet for a non abrassive job.

Where did he state this wasn`t corrective at all?

mr.ikon
11-05-2007, 01:55 PM
All he did was apply the products. Doesnt state that he used any type of buffer.

But the extra link. That picture looks awesome.:bigups

BuffMe
11-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Yea, but we all know how cars come "freshly detailed" from the dealership...

GlossyTundra
11-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Why dont yall just comment on the pictures posted instead of asking for more?

I think it looks great!

blackeyeS
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks for all the feedback.

I didnt use any kind of buffer simply because I dont know how...yet. Everything was by hand. Used a wool mit for the wash and microfiber detailing cloths purchased from excel for the polishing.

The car is a 2006. The paint was in good condition but had swirl marks and not nearly as shiny as it is now. Silly me for not taking before/after pics. Sorry, Im a newb :)

The entire process took about 4 hours and judging by my sore back, I WILL be getting an orbital soon.

Macruz19
11-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I say the paint looks better than 98% of the cars out there.

imported_agentf1
11-05-2007, 08:34 PM
I have seen Z5 perform some pretty miraculous transformations on black cars without any paint correction. My neighbor who is a college girl uses Z5 on her black C230 which is not washed or maintained properly at all and it amazes me how good it looks after she throws a coat of Z5 on it. Of course you can still see swirls but car looks 100% better.

Macruz19
11-05-2007, 09:28 PM
IMO, I think Z5 doesn`t reveal as much of the imperfections because it darkens the color of the paint slightly (which I love). I`m not a believer in filling, but Z5 sure does make the car look darker and very wet!

The thing of Z2 is the clarity and you can see the swirls if not properly prepped, that`s a reason why I limit my use of Z2, so I don`t have to make my paint 100% swirl free. This is all based on my experience.

Rob Tomlin
11-05-2007, 11:53 PM
IMO, I think Z5 doesn`t reveal as much of the imperfections because it darkens the color of the paint slightly (which I love). I`m not a believer in filling, but Z5 sure does make the car look darker and very wet!

The thing of Z2 is the clarity and you can see the swirls if not properly prepped, that`s a reason why I limit my use of Z2, so I don`t have to make my paint 100% swirl free. This is all based on my experience.

:think:

So, you don`t use Z2 too often because you don`t want your paint 100% swirl free???

Why not?

Who wouldn`t want their paint 100% swirl free? And to specifically avoid using a certain product because your paint isn`t prepared properly seems a bit strange, especially for this forum. :(

Macruz19
11-06-2007, 07:11 AM
:think:

So, you don`t use Z2 too often because you don`t want your paint 100% swirl free???

Why not?

Who wouldn`t want their paint 100% swirl free? And to specifically avoid using a certain product because your paint isn`t prepared properly seems a bit strange, especially for this forum. :(

Because my TL is a DD and my only car. Believe me... it`s at least 80% swirl free. I just don`t have the time to treat it like a garage queen, even though I sometimes think I do. It`s a lot of work and no one else will see it unless it`s me or another autopian.

On my car Z-2 shines like crazy and when the sun hits it... you can see some of the swirls, but only I can see them :grinno:

Rob Tomlin
11-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Because my TL is a DD and my only car. Believe me... it`s at least 80% swirl free. I just don`t have the time to treat it like a garage queen, even though I sometimes think I do. It`s a lot of work and no one else will see it unless it`s me or another autopian.

On my car Z-2 shines like crazy and when the sun hits it... you can see some of the swirls, but only I can see them :grinno:

There is no reason that you cannot maintain a near swirl free paint even on a DD. Once you have all swirls removed with proper prep, it is simply a matter of preventing swirls from occurring.

What are you doing that is causing swirls to your paint?