PDA

View Full Version : NEW Meguiars Solo System One Cut/Polish...

Al Buff
11-04-2007, 01:42 AM
I saw this at the paint supply store i go to and picked up a bottle of it.. supposely you can cut and polish with the same stuff. $30 for a 32oz bottle. So far, this stuff spreads very well and have a long working time, but it seems to not have enough cut as the HTEC i usually use..

So i mixed half and half with HTEC and it worked wonders! HTEC is known for short working time/dusting and mixing the System One Polish makes it work longer (like mixing it with Optimum Polish but with way more kick).

Anyone else tried this stuff? They also have Solo System One pads. Im tempted in the wool pads as they have a light cut (yellow with white) and heavy cut (maroon with white).

imported_Totoland Mach
11-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Al: I bought the So1o Kit some time back and, like you, the cream didn`t have the cutting power. It`s supposed to be used for newly painted surfaces in a body shop environment. The pads and backing plate are SUPERB! I`ve ordered additional yellow diamond foam and black finishing. I use them on my Dynabrade as well as the Metabo and like the size as well as the performance. The burgandy wool pad worked the best for me and the light cut pad didn`t.

I might try the mixing and see what happens. Sounds like a good idea.

Toto

wannafbody
11-04-2007, 10:23 PM
it might work on cured paints but probably not really effectively, it was designed for fresh paint usage

roccoc12001
11-05-2007, 03:54 AM
if you really want to cut your time in half check out system one polish kit i wet sand for a living and i started to use this stuff in 2000 and it the only stuff i will use its well worth the money Buy SYSTEM ONE Polish and SYSTEM ONE Wax online here. (http://www.polishandwax.com/) you will love it and if you dont ill buy off you