PDA

View Full Version : Fmj

Pages : [1] 2

stevcha
11-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi guys!

I wanted to know if there`s a product as slick and easy to apply and buff as Menzerna FMJ but that was more durable? Any suggestions? Thanks!!

ptaylor_9849
11-03-2007, 08:10 AM
I used FMJ exclusively for 2 years. Then I bought Zaino Z-5 and did a side by side comparison on my car. After the test, I couldn`t return my FMJ fast enough and have not used it since. FMJ stopped beading just days after I applied it. The Zaino side is still beading strong after 6 months. How`s that for durability and it was just as easy to use as FMJ. Try Zaino and you will see for yourself. By the way, I used the money I got back from the FMJ to by more Zaino. Please know that I have tried many, many products. I am not a Zaino "cool aid" drinker as many here like to label. It`s just that every time I try a new product I keep coming back to the slickness, durability, shine and ease of use of Zaino.

Patrick

Cleaning Fool
11-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Zaino will not be as slick as FMJ. If you want FMJ slickness you will have to top Z5/Z2 with Z8 and you are good to go. Ptaylor, you used FMJ for two years and it was only giving you beading for days at a time? It took 2 years to figure you didn`t like it? The mystery of Autopia, I saw 3 plus months of beading with FMJ

Frito Bandito
11-03-2007, 09:13 AM
UPP is about as slick as FMJ as well as being just as easy to apply and remove. Looks are pretty close tp FMJ and durability seems to be a little better. Doesn`t hurt that UPP costs half as much as FMJ.

Invigor
11-03-2007, 09:34 AM
As odd as it seems, I keep returning to klasse high gloss sealant.

Give it a few days and throw a coat of carnauba over it, and voila.

I also use FMJ, but I question it`s durability.

NSXTASY
11-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Ultima PGP is super slick, however, the beading has fallen off considerably at the 1.5 month mark. Slightly dissapointed considering the claims, I guess I will be applying Zaino for the winter.

baker
11-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Waxed a car on May 10th of this year with FMJ and did a wash and wax again on same car on Sept.19. Flooding the car to rinse it off, the water sheeted completely off the car, slight slope and did not even need drying. This is 4 months and 1 week, and the protection and slickness was outstanding. Nothing was put on the car in between my 2 treatments. Plus the ease of use makes this a great product in my books.

stevcha
11-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Do you guys notice that topping FMJ with a wax helps its durability?

ptaylor_9849
11-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Yes, I used FMJ for 2 years because I was taking the advice of Proper Auto care in Florida and didn`t know about Autopia. Here I learned about other products such as Zaino from experts like Rydawg. I really have learned alot from this site but it has come at a price. That price is constantly being questioned and ridiculed whenever I give my opinion about anything. I think maybe it`s time to say goodbye to some of the colorful personalities here at Autopia.

Cleaning Fool
11-03-2007, 05:50 PM
ptaylor, I agree with you on Zaino. I too like it better than FMJ, although on single stage paint FMJ looks almost as good as Z5. Getting a couple days beading of FMJ and then its gone, that I find hard to believe

kustomsol
11-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Still gotta cast my vote for Zaino for slickness and durability, especially with Z-8.

wfedwar
11-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Zaino or Klasse. Zaino is easier off, Klasse easier on. Either one is not a big deal once you get used to it. Both will last 6+ months on a decently prepped finish.

Rob Tomlin
11-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Hi guys!

I wanted to know if there`s a product as slick and easy to apply and buff as Menzerna FMJ but that was more durable? Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Unless you go with one of the WOWA products, you will not find an easier sealant to apply and remove than 4 Star`s UPP. You won`t find a product that makes the paint slicker either.

Rob Tomlin
11-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Ultima PGP is super slick, however, the beading has fallen off considerably at the 1.5 month mark. Slightly dissapointed considering the claims, I guess I will be applying Zaino for the winter.

Ouch. That is disappointing, especially considering the price.

stevcha
11-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Unless you go with one of the WOWA products, you will not find an easier sealant to apply and remove than 4 Star`s UPP. You won`t find a product that makes the paint slicker either.

Rob,

Thanks for the response. How long does the four star finish usually last? Do you top it with anything else?