PDA

View Full Version : Polymer Shampoo

imported_dazzerjp
11-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Hello,

my first post, so please excuse me if this is a rookie question

i bought some new car shampoo yesterday. It was the one of the most expensive in the shop and also had a picture of my car on the front - couldnt resist.

anyway, just finsihed cleaning the car, using the tips and tricks gleaned for this site, and was taken aback by the wax like finish off the car just after shampoo and drying. i honestly couldnt belive the shine! this was pre-waxing

so, i re read the label and it says the shampoo contains polymer - hence the shine.

is this a new thing?

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8083/image004fg7.jpg

it says po-ri-ma in the big yellow letters and has polymer in english below the yellow hat yellow sticker.

thanks

steelwind101
11-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Hello There!!

Where are you from?! I have samples some of that Soft 99 while i never felt it was the slickest i ever tried i notice they all seemed to leave an intense candy coated look on the car that was more "spray wax" then "quick detailer".

As for polymer tech. in shampoo its not new.

Some use the polymers to encapsulate dirt to keep it away from the paintwork while you wash, often found in rinseless washers. Some add protection as you wash, the problem is have found with the polymer shampoos that boast mega gloss is that they are not so good at cleaning dirtier cars.

Take Sonus for example, extremely mild washing power and also makes your mitt very dirty. My Soft 99, i forget the name of it, but it was similar yours above. It just made a my mitt very dirty (compared to say DG 901 or Mothers Cali Gold) and wasnt effective at cleaning compared to more the before mentioned washes.

Just my two sense, i love different shampoos, on different cars for different reasons!!

Geoff

imported_dazzerjp
11-02-2007, 02:10 PM
`
Hello There!! \r\n\r\nWhere are you from?! I have samples some of that Soft 99 while i never felt it was the slickest i ever tried i notice they all seemed to leave an intense candy coated look on the car that was more \"spray wax\" then \"quick detailer\". \r\n\r\nAs for polymer tech. in shampoo its not new. \r\n\r\nSome use the polymers to encapsulate dirt to keep it away from the paintwork while you wash, often found in rinseless washers. Some add protection as you wash, the problem is have found with the polymer shampoos that boast mega gloss is that they are not so good at cleaning dirtier cars. \r\n\r\nTake Sonus for example, extremely mild washing power and also makes your mitt very dirty. My Soft 99, i forget the name of it, but it was similar yours above. It just made a my mitt very dirty (compared to say DG 901 or Mothers Cali Gold) and wasnt effective at cleaning compared to more the before mentioned washes. \r\n\r\nJust my two sense, i love different shampoos, on different cars for different reasons!! \r\n\r\nGeoff\r\n\r\nthanks for the reply. im in japan and its really difficult to find any of the products people use on autopia, so i have to buy and hope. cant find udm or protercables anyway! \r\n\r\nuseful info, thanks. now i think of it the wash did seem to take longer than usual. thought it was just me.\r\n\r\ngreat site/`